|Photo by Freeimages.com/Sandor Fegyverneky|
Abercrombie & Kent has announced it has redesigned its Connections European River Cruise Journeys, enhancing its offerings and adding three new sailings scheduled for 2017.
A&K river cruise guests will sail with no more than 24 other travelers, as well as a Resident Tour Director who has extensive experience and knowledge. Additionally, all off-ship sightseeing and dining will be exclusive to the A&K group.
The three new cruises scheduled for 2017 include:
- New Year’s Along the Danube – Guests will sail through the city of Budapest, take a waltz lesson in Vienna with a local instructor, and participate in a hands-on Slovak cooking class in Bratislava and a Bavarian brewery tour. Prices for the nine day itinerary start from $4,995.
- Along the Rhine – Sailing through Holland, Germany, France and Switzerland, stops will include a visit to the Aalsmeer Flower Auction and a private tulip farm. Travelers will sample local food and wine during four specially-planned meals ashore, as well as a wine tasting in Cochem and a tasting with a chocolatier in Basel. Overnights and sightseeing in Amsterdam and Basel will also take place during the 10 days sailing, which is priced from $6,195.
- London, Paris & a Seine River Cruise – The 13-day cruise will travel along the Seine River through French countryside, later making stops for overnight stays in centrally-located boutique hotels in London and Paris. Connections-exclusive, small-group shore excursions include a private, before-hours visit to Churchill’s War Rooms in London and a full-day exploration of World War II’s Normandy invasion sites. Guests will also visit Monet’s Giverny and the final resting place of Van Gogh at Château d’Auvers. Prices begin at $10,495.
In addition to the three new sailings, A&K has also enhanced its offerings for the Connections European River Cruise Journeys that will be New for 2017:
- Connections guests will dine together at reserved tables on board and visit restaurants onshore during each journey
- Local wine and beer are now included at all lunches and dinners both on and off the ship
A&K only offers preferred cabins and suites, including those with walk-out balconies or French balconies with panoramic windows, on the Amadeus fleet. These include the Amadeus Silver, Silver II and Silver III, as well as the Amadeus Provence, which launches in 2017.