We have a look inside some of Fairmont's suites that are well-suited for familes and groups. Travelers looking for a family getaway may consider one of these suites from around the world.
• The Plaza is home to 6-year-old Eloise, who is the main character of a book series chronicling her adventures in the hotel, which in her honor created The Eloise Suite. The suite was designed by fashion designer Betsey Johnson using mostly a pink and black palette. The room includes a king bed, which has custom-designed bedding with images of Eloise on it, a sparkly pink headboard and Eloise’s named scrawled in neon lights on the wall above. The suite includes Eloise DVDs, books, a tea set, Eloise and Weenie dolls, Eloise robes and towels and an Eloise Suite gift upon arrival. There is also the option to book an adjoining one-bedroom Edwardian suite, creating more space for groups.
• Located in the Canadian Rockies is Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, which offers a selection of outdoor activities. The Gardner’s Cottage is located away from the main lodge and has four bedrooms. We think it would be a possible fit for several families traveling together. The cottage includes a gourmet kitchen, dining area and fireplace and a sunken living room, which includes a games area and a full bar. Other features include mountain views, a barbeque and private parking.
• Fairmont San Francisco’s The Napoleon Two‐Bedroom Suite is a large suite, which can sleep up to six people in two bedrooms and two-and-a-half bathrooms. The master bedroom includes a canopy king bed, views of the San Francisco skyline and a marble bathroom with a shower and city views. The second bedroom has two queen beds and the suite also includes a living room and pantry.
• Families can enjoy Fairmont Miramar Hotel and Bungalows’ newly redesigned Bungalow Suites. The suites include three bedrooms, a private furnished patio, four Samsung Smart TVs and a lacava tub in the wet room. The bungalows are designed by L.A. based interior designer Michael Berman and are meant to reflect the merging of Malibu beach house chic and “surf modern’ style. These 32 bungalows are located in the Miramar gardens and include four bi-level suites. Guest of the suites can enjoy the private Miramar Beach club and the hotel's pool.
• Fairmont Kea Lani in Maui features Pools Suites at their 22-acre oceanfront resort, which are ideal for families as they offer close proximity to the upper lagoon pool with its 140-foot-waterslide and a spacious lawn and garden area off the suite’s lanai. Rooms either include a king bed or two double beds and also include a queen sofa bed. The resort features three swimming pools, a waterslide, Keiki Lani’s Kid’s Club and award-winning Hawaiian cultural programing. Many family focused excursions are offered through the resort, which include snorkeling, sailing, kayaking, outrigger canoe adventures, scuba diving or island‐wide excursions.
• In Bermuda, the Fairmont Southampton welcomes families in their Two Bedroom Suites. The master has a king bed while the other room has two beds and a sofa bed. There is a separate living room and bathrooms that include double granite vanities. Each room includes a private balcony with a table, chairs and views of the ocean, harbor or golf course. Family activities at the resort include two pools, one of which is a children’s pool with a water slide, a private beach and the Explorer Camp Kid’s Club.
• The AAA Five Diamond Fairmont Mayakoba in Mexico’s Riviera Maya is a great tropical vacation spot. Their featured suite is the Tortuga Presidential Suite, which is located on its own island near the main pool. When combined with two Signature Casitas, it becomes a three-bedroom suite. The master bedroom overlooks the lagoon and canals and includes a four-piece marble bathroom with a soaker tub and glassed shower stall. The suite includes its own infinity pool overlooking the water canals and mangrove forest. The hotel has many activities for families including five pools, a beach and a kids club. The room also includes butler service.
• In St Andrews, Scotland families can stay in a Manor Home at Fairmont St Andrews. These are two-story homes of which there are two on the property. The Manor Home features an open plan design with four en-suite bedrooms and five bathrooms. The house features a farmhouse style kitchen, dining room and a living room with television and intern access. The houses also offer a golf course view of the resort’s Torrance Course. The resort includes a beach, golf and a pool for families to use.
• The Presidential Beachfront Villa at the Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali is surrounded by gardens and overlooks the island of Nusa Lembongan and the Indian Ocean. The villa includes two bedrooms covering over 10,000 square feet. One bedroom includes a king bed, while the other offers two twin beds. There is a private swimming pool, spa treatment room, steam room, a private Jacuzzi, a spacious bathroom and private sundecks, which overlook the beach. The house also features a living room, kitchen and pantry. The Villa includes Butler service for suite guests. The resort offers bicycles to tour Sanur and also has a kids' club.