On April 6, Whiteface Lodge in Lake Placid, NY, will close its doors for 10 days for a new soft goods, design and tech upgrade to its Adirondack-inspired guest suites.
Local designer Ann Stillman O’Leary, an expert in Adirondack style, will spearhead a modernization of its living space. Drawing from a palette of rich earth tones and natural materials, O’Leary’s improvements will encompass:
- New custom built sleeper sofas with memory foam queen mattresses
- New club style chairs of recycled leather with matching ottomans
- New upholstered chairs
- Luxury carpet throughout each suite
- Faster Internet for streaming
- Smart Blu Ray players activated in every room
The lodge will reopen April 16, with updates for all 94 suites to be complete by mid-May. New bedding, window treatments and other appointments will follow in 2016.