Great news for travelers heading to, from or through the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport: On October 15, American Express will open a new proprietary 9,000-square-foot Centurion Lounge in Terminal D.
What makes it cool? We hear the special amenities include:
- Onsite professionals to provide Card related and travel related services like reservations at restaurants, airlines and hotels.
- Complimentary spa therapies from the award-winning lifestyle brand, exhale.
- Card Members can sample Southwestern cuisine designed by local celebrity chef Dean Fearing, creator of Fearing’s Restaurant in Dallas and named by James Beard Foundation as Best Chef: Southwest.
- They can also try Texas-inspired signature cocktails created by mixologist Jim Meehan and glasses of wine from a selection curated by wine director Anthony Giglio. (For those 21 and up, of course.)
- Access to Wi-Fi, use of personal computers and noise-buffering workspaces.
Entry to The Lounge is complimentary for Platinum Card and Centurion members. Other American Express Card members can enter The Lounge for a fee of $50.
Other perks for Platinum Card members include...
1. Saving Money at the Airport and in the Air: Platinum Card members can use their $200 Airline Fee Credit** to offset their selected airline’s charges for incidental fees such as baggage fees, lounge day passes, in flight meals and beverages, or Wi-Fi.
2. Saving Time at Security: Card Members enrolled in Global Entry can use TSA Pre✓, an expedited security screening program for select travelers who are flying in the U.S. and select international destinations on participating airlines from specific airports. (Good to know: Selection for expedited screening is made on a per flight basis and is not guaranteed. Learn more at tsa.gov.)
3. Saving Sanity: In addition to The Centurion Lounges, Platinum Card members can gain access to select domestic airline lounges and more than 600 international Airport VIP lounges in more than 100 countries with Priority Pass Select.
4. Saving Time with Rental Cars: Complimentary memberships including special upgrades and discounts at Avis, Hertz and National Car Rental.
5. Upgrades at Hotel: Card Members who book through the Fine Hotels & Resorts program and stay at one of more than 700 properties will receive a room upgrade (upon availability), daily continental breakfast for two, 4 p.m. late check-out, and an additional special amenity such as a spa or dining credit.
6. Helping Out On the Road: The Platinum Travel Service can offer travel and dining services for guests on the road.
7. Saving Money Abroad: There are no Foreign Currency Transaction Fees for Platinum Card members. (This is only available for Consumer and Business Platinum Card Members.)
8. Coming Home Happy: Save time and bypass arrival lines at most major U.S. airports when you return from international travel. Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved travelers. When travelers use an eligible Centurion or Platinum Card to apply for Global Entry membership, AmEx will credit the $100 application fee, and if approved, membership will be valid for five years. Card Members can receive one $100 credit every five years for an application fee charged to each eligible Card.
Additional Cards tied to Centurion and Platinum Cards are also eligible for the $100 statement credit. To receive the credit, the application must be charged on the additional card.