For 2015, Avalon Waterways is boosting its special interest cruises, including new options that focus on authors and operas.
Avalon’s new Author Cruise will include Patricia Schultz of the international bestseller 1000 Places to See Before You Die. On this seven-night, eight-day cruise (departing August 11, 2015), Schultz will share her insights on must-see destinations around the world. Guests can have their books signed as the Expression sails the Danube from Budapest to Vienna, Durnstein-Melk, Linz-Passau and Regensburg before reaching Nuremburg. Fun fact: Schultz previously served as the Avalon Expression godmother, christening the ship in May 2013.
Avalon is also set to offer a new 13-day Opera Cruise, departing July 15, 2015. Guests will travel from Budapest to Prague, enjoying live opera music along the way.
For 2015, Avalon is also bringing back the following themed itineraries:
- Art & Impressionist Cruises (two itineraries, priced from $3,149)
- Beer Tasting Cruises (two itineraries, priced from $2,549)
- Culinary Cruises (two itineraries, priced from $2,599)
- Festive Holiday Cruises (five itineraries, priced from $1,784)
- Golf Cruise (nine days from Vienna to Munich, priced from $2,889)
- Jazz Cruise (11 days from Côte d'Azur to Paris, priced from $4,099)
- Jewish Heritage Cruise (13 days from Budapest to Prague, priced from $3,989)
- Music Cruise (15 days from Amsterdam to Budapest, priced from $4,991)
- Wellness Cruise (13 days from Budapest to Prague, priced from $4,188)
- Wine Appreciation Cruises (eight itineraries, priced from 3,309)
Avalon Waterways is also offering some nice discounts on these cruises. Passengers can get guaranteed air price with $250 air credit; a 10-percent discount on select “Book Now” sailings and free pre-paid gratuities.
For more information, visit AvalonWaterways.com.