Luxury safari operator &Beyond is gearing up for summer vacation with a bush-focused children’s program at all of the company's lodges in Africa.
This program lets younger guests get up close and personal with local animals (under the supervision of a ranger, of course). Some adventures are designed to be shared by the whole family but, when parents need to take some time out, children will be kept entertained by &Beyond staff. Activities focus on the environment and local culture of each destination: Each child receives a specially designed range of goodies, including a scrapbook, flash light and compass. (These can be added to each &Beyond lodge that they visit.)
&Beyond Phinda Mountain Lodge, South Africa
One of the lodges designed with additional facilities for families is &Beyond Phinda Mountain Lodge in South Africa, which has specially trained staff who can keep an eye on kids when parents cannot. Fun option: A stay at the lodge can be combined with a seaside holiday, such as &Beyond’s Black Spots and Beach Balls itinerary.
The Black Spots and Beach Balls itinerary includes:
· Free flights between Johannesburg and &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve
· Four nights at Beyond Phinda Mountain Lodge
· For adults, twice-daily game drives
· For children, WILDchild program with age-appropriate adventures that (fishing trips, scavenger hunts, and arts & crafts)
· Four nights at the beach at The Oyster Box in Umhlanga
o Children under six years old stay free of charge at all &Beyond lodges
o Children between six and 16 pay half price
Other family-friendly activities can include a hot air balloon ride or a visit to an elephant orphanage.