Corinthia Hotel Budapest is offering a new package to showcase what the city has to offer through virtual reality. New York digital agency, VGNC has created four films in 360-degree video format entitled "Portraits of Budapest - A City in 360." Each film showcases four life-long city dwellers: Lili, a ballet dancer; Gaspar, an architect; Hubert, a restaurateur; and Andrea, a singer.
Corinthia Hotel Budapest guests will be able to experience Budapest as best known to Lili, Gaspar, Hubert and Andrea when booking the new Portraits of Budapest package. A little bit more on the four participants:
- Lili is a member of the Hungarian National Ballet and has been dancing since the age of nine
- Gaspar is an architect, designer and artists and spend a few years living in France before returning to his home city
- Hubert is a restaurateur who originally wanted to be an international lawyer
- Andrea is a singer and teacher who held leading roles in Evita, Dorian Gray and Les Miserables
- Accommodations for two with a buffet breakfast
- Welcome drink on arrival
- Access to the Royal Spa
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- A private viewing of the Portraits of Budapest videos in 360-degree virtual reality
- A three-hour walking tour to some of the scenic spots seen in the films
- Fisherman's Bastian
- Hero's Square
- Rudas Baths
- Castle District
- Buda Castle
- Each guest's own 360-degree portrait photograph
VGNC worked with different set-ups to create the videos, from a Kodak double fisheye camera to 14 different GoPro cameras.
The Portraits of Budapest package costs €254 (approximately $270 USD) per room, per night.