Napa Valley’s warmer, more refined destination, Yountville, is hosting winter festivties for foodies and wine lovers during February and March 2014.
Winter festivities in Yountville includes:
CabFestNV in Yountville – Napa Valley’s Cabernets finally have their own festival, which begins Feb. 28 to mark a salute to “Cigars & Guitars” with a live concert, cigar party and showing of rare classic guitars. Then, from March 1-2, more than a hundred of Napa Valley’s top wineries pour for the first annaul Cabernet Festival.
Taste of Yountville – From March 14-16, this is the village’s celebration of the year that includes a signature street party with food, wine, art and music, plus other weekend happenings all over town.
Here are a few indulgent ways to savor Yountville this winter:
- Float and cuddle in a hot air balloon on a crystal-clear winter day, when the Valley’s vineyards and colors are bathed in soft winter light.
- Share a bottle of wine around the fire pit at Maisonry, an art, design and wine gallery, or in one of this historic stone mansion’s cozy private salons. Afterward, personal shopping assistants will help you select art, objets curieux or some very special wine for your beloved.
- Spread out lunch for two in The French Laundry garden (open to the public) then share the world’s best jelly donut from Bouchon Bakery.
- Take a break together at Sisters Boutique, known for head-to-toe pampering for both guys and gals. While you indulge yourself with the perfect blow-out, he can peruse clothing or a bijou for you.
- Unearth a hidden gem. The Countryside has no sign and only locals know where it is. For your efforts, you’ll be rewarded with precious memories from Yountville for your garden and home.
- After your couples’ spa treatment at Villagio Inn and Spa, share a creamy, dreamy Meyer lemon curd tart at afternoon tea. Chefs on the Vintage Estate, home to Villagio Inn, harvest their Meyer lemons all winter long, and stir up fresh, house-made batches of lemon curd daily.
- Using fresh fruit, herbs, and other delectables, train your minds and palates with the help of the winemaker at Bell Cellars. You are guaranteed to savor the preferred drink of Bacchus in a way that you never have before.
- Cozy up for a movie at Jessup Cellars Tasting Gallery, where monthly art house films are paired with gourmet popcorn. When the lights go down, share Cabernet Port with your sweetie, paired with Winter Spice Popcorn (cinnamon, allspice, cloves and a touch of honey), wok-popped just for you.