This sounds like the perfect excuse to go to Brazil: Passengers traveling First Class with TAM Airlines on international flights to/from Miami and JFK to São Paulo on the airline's new Boeing 777 aircraft get a suite that looks truly…well, sweet. The space includes a dining room table, full flat bed, couch and personal closet.
- 180 degree ergonomic, full-flat beds
- Individual furniture including a couch, closets, and dining table
- Library equipped with a selection of reading materials, including books, as well as editions of the international guidebook Wallpaper and general interest magazines
- A wine list selected by Arthur Azevedo (who we hear is one of the most respected wine consultants in Brazil)
- An in-flight menu designed by the leading Brazilian chef Bel Coelho
- Unique Nesepresso service
- An exclusive tea blend developed just for TAM by Brazilian tea blender Carla Saueressig, a leading tea-blending specialist
- An amenity kit courtesy of cosmetics brand Rituals on long-haul flights
First Class passengers aren’t the only travelers that can benefit from the updates. Passengers in all cabins can enjoy the new in-flight entertainment system that includes an expanded movie selection, TAM Tips (a travel advice app with tips specially posted by customers) and e-reader capabilities. Economy seats have an increased number of TAM Space+ seats available, which offer extra legroom on flights.
Good to know: The new TAM VIP Lounge at São Paulo's Guarulhos airport in Terminal 2 has also been expanded to seat 174 people. Other perks include Wi-Fi, snacks, beverages, two TV lounges, business center, shower room and a family area with computers for children.