Vidanta Golf along with KemperSports, a top golf management company in North America, celebrated the grand opening of the Norman Signature Golf Course at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta on November 14.
Mexico’s Vidanta Golf partnered with internationally-recognized course designer Greg Norman to create the course, becoming the destinations second golf venue. The first course was designed by Jack Nicklaus.
While the course was open over summer for preview play, November 14 marked the official grand opening. A ribbon cutting ceremony, golf clinic, and Q&A with Greg Norman with guests were part of the events.
Located in Jalisco, the Norman Signature Course is accessed by the world’s longest golf cart suspension bridge from Nayarit spanning over the scenic Ameca River, which the entire course borders. Indigenous trees, grasses, and jungle surround the 18-hole par-73 course. It was designed to be accommodating for both high and low handicaps.
Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta was named a “Silver Medal Resort” by Golf magazine, and The Nicklaus Design Golf Course at Vidanta Puerto Peñasco was ranked 19th in Golfweek’s annual rankings of best courses in Mexico and the Caribbean.
Greg Norman Golf Course Design and its projects have been recognized around the globe and have garnered numerous prestigious recognitions for design.
- The Bluffs Ho Tram Strip “World’s Best New Golf Course 2015” World Golf Awards
- Ellerston “Top 100 Courses in the World 2015” GOLF Magazine
- Almouj Golf The Wave “Top 10 Courses in the Middle East 2015” Golf Digest
- Red Sky Golf Club “Top Ten Courses in Colorado 2013” Golfweek
- The Ritz Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes “Top 100 Golf Resorts in North America 2011” Conde Nast Traveler
- Tiburón Golf Club At The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort “No. 1 Golf Resort in Florida 2009” Golf Digest
- El Camaleón “Best New International Course 2007” GOLF Magazine
- Vellano Country Club “Development of the Year 2007” GOLF Inc.
- Mission Hills Golf Club “Ten Best International Courses 2004” Travel & Leisure