American Airlines is adding new, more fuel-efficient aircraft to its fleet with the introduction of the new Airbus A321 Transcontinental aircraft. The airline took delivery of the first plane in November 2013, which will fly between New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) beginning in January, and JFK and San Francisco International Airport (SFO) SFO in March 2014.
The A321T will have fully lie-flat First and Business Class seats, as well as in-seat entertainment and inflight air-to-ground Wi-Fi from GoGo throughout the aircraft.
|A lie-flat seat in First Class|
Customers flying coast to coast can take advantage of American's curb-to-curb Flagship Check-in in New York and Los Angeles. Both airports also offer an Admiral's Club or Flagship Lounge. Finally, First and Business Class customers can reserve their entree in advance of their flight.
The First Class cabin will offer 10 fully lie-flat seats with a 43 inch pitch in the upright position. A 1-1 seating configuration will allow every First Class passenger aisle access, and each seat comes equipped with one universal AC power outlet and a USB jack.
Dining options will include a morning brunch service, evening dinner entrees, an espresso and capuccino machine and appetizers, salads and desserts. Customers flying on overnight flights will be offered a light dinner and a wake-up breakfast featuring fruit smoothies and warmed breakfast breads.
|Espresso service in first class|
The menu on the brunch service includes:
- Gruyere and fontina cheese omelet with mushrooms accompanied by roasted red pepper potatoes and chicken apple sausage
- Belgian waffles with sea salted caramel topping served with chicken apple sausage
- Tomato, leek and turkey bacon strata served with seasoned potatoes and chicken apple sausage
- Smoked salmon and bagel accompanied by Bibb leaf lettuce, fresh sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, caper berry, and whipped cream cheese
Dinner entrees may include:
- Grilled beef filet served with green and yellow haricot verts and roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- Shrimp scampi with roasted tomato garlic cream sauce served with creamy polenta accompanied by roasted asparagus
- Butternut squash gnocchi with sautéed spinach, butternut squash, and sage cream sauce
- Grilled beef filet served with sautéed spinach and kale accompanied by potatoes au gratin
- Pumpkin seed encrusted chicken breast with brown butter sauce served with sugar snap peas and mashed sweet potatoes
- Pasta duo of cheese tortellini with pesto alfredo sauce and Florentine manicotti with Mediterranean tomato sauce
Appetizer choice may include:
- Sliced sirloin with corn salsa
- Thai seasoned chicken breast with grilled pineapple and watermelon served with Asian mint dressing
Finally, First Class customers can take advantage of an amenity kit filled with Akhassa skincare products.
|A lie-flat seat in Business Class|
The Business Class cabin is outfitted with 20 fully lie-flat seats arranged in a 2-2 configuration. Each seat is equipped with one universal AC power outlet and USB jack.
Business Class customers can choose from the same suite of entree and appetizer selections as First Class customers.
Entertainment options in both premium class cabins include a selection of up to 200 movies, up to 180 TV programs, more than 350 audio selections and up to 20 games is available on a 15.4-inch HD-capable tilting touchscreen monitor positioned in each seat. First and Business Class customers will also be offered complimentary earbuds.