The Beach Club at Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina, Charleston, SC
The Beach Club at Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina opened this September as a member of the Leading Hotels of the World. It’s the only waterfront property in the area and provides access to downtown Charleston.
Highlights of The Beach Club at Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina include:
- Southern-inspired architectural design and décor celebrating “Lowcountry” aesthetics and Charleston’s rich maritime history, creating a comfortable, retreat-like setting.
- Ninety-two guestrooms averaging 535 square feet with expansive balconies overlooking Charleston Harbor, wood floors and custom-crafted furnishings.
- Two heated pools and surrounding deck complete with full-service private cabanas, fire pits, Jacuzzi, and dining options.
- Estuary Spa with treatments ranging from deep tissue massages to facials and waxing.
- Access to Charleston’s historic district via water taxi or on board the complimentary resort trolley.
- Three on-site dining options including Charleston Harbor Fish House, an award-winning restaurant overlooking Charleston Harbor.
- Activities including golf, yachting, sailing, inshore and offshore fishing, bike trails and beach games.
|EAST, Miami gives guests views of Miami.|
EAST, Miami, FL
Swire Hotels’ introduction to the American market, EAST, Miami opened in May as a $1.05 billion mixed-use development. The “lifestyle business hotel,” located at Brickell City Centre, has 263 guest rooms with private balconies, contemporary interiors, and floor-to-ceiling windows with views of Miami and Biscayne Bay, in addition to 89 residence suites with kitchens and laundry facilities.
- A 20,000-square-foot outdoor pool deck
- A 24-hour gym,
- 20,000 square feet of meeting/event space, including: four workshop areas located on the sixth floor ranging in size from 640 square feet to 840 square feet; a 1,400-square foot pre-function space on the 38th floor, Rise and Set; a 400-square-foot boardroom, High Noon; a 39th-floor, 3,400 square-foot ballroom, The Crush, which has 270 degrees of ocean and urban views; and a space called Shrubbery and Sugar will serve as an area for outdoor events.
- Numerous restaurants/bars including the first outpost of Uruguay’s beachfront eatery, Quinto La Huella, located on the fifth floor with both indoor and outdoor seating, a stone hearth oven, and a sushi bar; another dining venue, Sugar, is the hotel’s rooftop bar; and Domain, the lobby café and bar.
|Faena Hotel Miami Beach opened as part of the Faena Miami Beach District.|
Faena Hotel Miami Beach, FL
In September, The Faena Hotel Miami Beach opened its doors as part of the Faena Miami Beach District, a new mixed-use neighborhood with and art and culture theme. Situated in the heart of Miami Beach, Faena District stretches north from 32nd Street to 36th Street, between the Atlantic Ocean and Indian Creek, and will have its cultural, residential, hotel, retail, restaurants, and public environments open in phases.
Highlights of the property include:
- The former historic Saxony Hotel will have 169 rooms and suites and 13 penthouse residences on the top two floors of the property.
- An opera house-inspired theatre spanning 3,000 square feet with live cabaret shows for both guests and the public.
- Tierra Spa: the 15,000-square-foot spa draws its inspiration from South America.
- Multiple restaurants, which include Los Fuegos by Francis Mallmann, the chef’s first in the United States, offering South American cuisine, and even asados (outdoor barbecues).
- Faena Forum: a public venue for the exploration of ideas and issues by professionals, practitioners, and thinkers from a range of fields.
- Faena House, an 18-story luxury condominium, which comprises 22 residences in the historic Art Deco Versailles tower (formerly Hotel Versailles).
|Four Seasons Resort O-ahu at Ko Olina has four pools and a range of guestrooms.|
Four Seasons Resort O’ahu at Ko Olina, Hawaii
The Four Seasons opened three hotels in Hawaii in 2016 (one new hotel, Four Seasons Resort O’ahu at Ko Olina, and two re-openings on the island of Lanai).
In conjunction with the opening of reservations, the resort has also debuted a new website with details on the resort's 358 guestrooms and suites, five restaurants and lounges, four pools, white sand beaches, multi-level Spa and Wellness Centre, tennis facilities, watersports, and preferred access to the Ko Olina Golf Club.
The hotel was formerly the JW Marriott Ihilani Ko Olina Resort, and underwent a complete redesign. Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts also offers private residences alongside guest rooms at the hotel.
|Montage Kapalua Bay has residential-style suites.|
Montage Kapalua Bay, Hawaii
Following a $15 million renovation of the former Residences at Kapalua Bay, the all-suite Montage Kapalua Bay opened in June.
Montage Kapalua Bay offers 50 luxurious residential-style suites, ranging from one to four bedrooms, in addition to 54 Montage-branded residences for purchase. Each room has large balconies with a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and neighboring islands.
Updated amenities include:
- Guest rooms with a sleek color palette, day beds, balconies, and hand-painted local art.
- Montage Kapalua Bay's signature restaurant, Cane & Canoe, is reminiscent of a traditional Hawaiian canoe house, while the outdoor Sunset Patio offers an all-day menu, and is located adjacent to Hana Hou bar.
- Mahana Market, where guests can purchase an array of Hawaiian gourmet goods, including "gourmet-to-go" prepared local organic foods and curated wines.
- The 30,000 square-foot Spa Montage Kapalua Bay, which draws inspiration from the mountains and ocean to create a peaceful surrounding with natural materials.
- An expansive fitness center and wellness programs, complete with circuit training machines, the Kinesis System, free weights, and a full range of cardio equipment.
|Thompson Nashville is home to three food concepts.|
Thompson Nashville, TN
The first Thompson Hotels in Music City opened just two months ago. The Thompson Nashville will be situated in The Gulch on the same block as The Station Inn, the celebrated music venue.
There are 224 guestrooms with floor to-ceiling windows. Additional touches include a sliding barn door, a custom honor bar for mixing your own drinks, and hardwood floors.
The Thompson Nashville has recruited James Beard Award-winning chef John Besh to design the three food concepts:
- Marsh House offers fresh seafood and seasonal craft cocktails.
- L.A. Jackson is the rooftop bar on the 12th floor, serving Southern small plates and a variety of beers from the South’s best breweries.
- Killebrew, which serves breakfast, lunch, baked goods, and Revelator coffee.