A great city to visit this fall is New Orleans. Visitors can enjoy cooler temperatures, a great football atmosphere and see spooky Halloween decorations on display throughout the French Quarter. October in New Orleans is full of festivals including the Beignet Festival, the New Orleans Film Festival and Oktoberfest. Here is a complete list of all the festivals New Orleans has to year-round and another list of 15 things you can do in October in specific.
The Aloft New Orleans offers convenient accommodations during your stay in New Orleans, as it is situated between the Superdome and the French Quarter. The hotel includes the Re:charge gym, a rooftop pool and it is pet friendly. They are currently offering a number of autumn packages which include:
• Fall Into Savings: Book an autumn escape and enjoy up to 20 percent off the best available rates.
• Weekend Warriors: Turn on your weekend with savings up to 15 percent on weekend stays.
• Better Tomorrows: For every night you pay regular rate, you save 40 percent on the next.
If you want a bite to eat the hotel offers Re: fuel by Aloft, which is open 24/7 and if you’re thirsty, Aloft’s W XYZ bar is currently offering specialty cocktails for the fall. These include:
• “El Diablo” (just for the month of October!) combines Absolut Vodka, Crème de Cassis, lime juice/wedge and Ginger Beer
• “We Got the Beat” combines Jameson, Disaronno, lemon juice/wedge, Angostura bitters and Ginger Ale
• “A Little Bit Country” combines Jameson, Southern Comfort, iced tea, lemon juice/wedge and mint