Windstar Cruises will add two more ships from Seabourn, the Star Breeze and Star Legend, to its fleet. The respective $8.5 milllion renovation of the newly acquired ships is set for completion in May 2015.
The Star Breeze will undergo a three-week refurbishment and Genoa, Italy, and will be christened on May 6, 2015 in Nice, France. The Star Legend will follow, with a christening ceremony expected on May 25, 2015 in Rome, Italy.
The 212-passenger yachts will receive such updates as:
· Lounge: The entertainment lounge will be outfitted with new flooring and furniture
· Veranda: the restaurant in the aft of the yacht will have expanded outdoor seating, complete with a garden wall
· Star Deck: the outdoor deck will expand by four feet on each side, giving additional space for guests to relax on lounge chairs
· Star Screening Room: The space completely transforms from a card room to a screening room where guests can watch current movies and play video games.
· Yacht Club: The space will feature new flooring, lounge furniture, and an open layout that with a view of the shoreline and will house a coffee bar and lounge for guests to enjoy espresso and light bites
· Reception: The carpeting receives an upgrade to Windstar’s signature blue, while new accent lighting and art give the reception area the quintessential Windstar welcoming look
· Compass Rose: The club space will turn into Windstar’s popular Compass Rose, redesigned with all new contemporary furnishings, including new flooring finishes, plantation shutters, and comfortable chairs and bar stools designed for socializing. Live music can be found here nightly.
· Star Bar: The Star Bar will offer casual drinks during the day and a venue for star-gazing by night. The bar area will be expanded with teak decking, new stools, new awning, and lighting.
· AmphorA: Windstar’s formal dining experience will be introduced as AmphorA Restaurant. The main dining room will be redesigned, featuring mirror panels with Murano glass, soft lighting, wall coverings, and art work.
· Candles: At night Veranda will transform to Candles, a Windstar romantic experience where guests can dine with table service under the stars
· Destination Suites: the Owner’s Suites will now showcase Windstar destinations, such as the Bora Bora Suite, where guests can get a taste of Windstar destinations Windstar sails in the comfort of their suite