Hotel Ciasa Salares, set in the Alta Badia area of the Dolomites, reopens for the new winter season on December 7 with a new eco-designed penthouse luxury suite, named Rü Blanch. In addition, the hotel is debuting a custom skiing and Alpine wellbeing experiences, as well as gourmet tours.
Intended to connect architecture, nature and green-building design, the Rü Blanch penthouse suite has a living space that is “energetically balanced to encourage an active mood when guests enter a room.” The latest technologies and renewable energy resources were used in the construction.
The Rü Blanch penthouse suite – named after a small river that runs down the Lavarella mountain, close to the hotel – will have a private sauna, open-air Jacuzzi on the private terrace with a panoramic view and fireplace, along with walk-in wardrobe and a corner bar (upon request).
Starting price for the Rü Blanch penthouse suite is €1,680 (approximately $1,990) per night for up to two people.
This year Hotel Ciasa Salares brought aboard ski instructors and personal trainers Ilaria Bonato and Irene Pollini Giolai. Bringing over 10 years of international experience, the instructors offer guests bespoke alpine fitness routines and tailor-made private ski lessons.
The Special Ski Tour
For ski lovers, a special itinerary tailor-made around the guests’ desired experience, ski level and needs, includes:
- Sellaronda: The Dolomites’ masterpiece for all ski lovers
- Great War Tour
- Mount Lagazuoi Tour and Five Towers
- Marmolada Mountain: Ski safari over the 'Queen of the Dolomites'
- Early morning in Kronplatz (via helicopter)
- An excursion to Mount Piana, the historic 7,600-foot-high mountain in the heart of the Dolomites (reachable only via helicopter)
- Free-ride experience: Val Mezdi and Val Setus (with alpine guides)
The Health & Gourmet Tour
For guests who are looking to stay active while maintaining nutritional balance. The two instructors have finalized a special itinerary that includes:
- Gourmet Adventure with Ski Gourmet Safari at partnered-chalets
- Balanced Day: Healthy breakfast and lunch at Hotel Ciasa Salares’ private mountain hut
- Full ski day and muscle relaxation in the gym (30 to 40-minute stretching session and joint mobility treatment)
- Detox Weekend: Ski and personal training with a balanced diet
To get there: Fly to Venice/Innsbruck, which is followed by a 90-minute drive to the hotel above San Cassiano in the Sella Ronda ski region (private hotel transfers available).
Hotel Ciasa Salares has been family-run for three generations and has 47 rooms that were refurbished in 2015, five restaurants, including one Michelin star, and the new penthouse suite.