A&K Travel Group (AKTG) has announced the next stage in its plan to strategically align its business under a new, industry leading, centralized leadership team. The changes build on a “One A&K” strategy that will connect and synergize its markets and brands by establishing new global roles connecting both A&K and Crystal across the world.
As part of “One A&K,” the group has created the new role of chief sales officer and promoted Marett Taylor, who will assume the position with immediate effect. Taylor joined Abercrombie & Kent in 2000 and served in sales and marketing roles in East Africa, Southern Africa and Europe. Since 2013, she has led the U.S. sales team as the VP of sales, supporting travel agency partners and consortia in North America. She will continue to be based in A&K’s Downers Grove office in Illinois, working across A&K and Crystal.
Taylor will join an AKTG team that is spearheaded by CEO Cristina Levis. Last year, the group brought in Kim Berman as chief legal and people officer, who joined after many years in the cruise industry at The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and Silversea. Ex-Soho House and Stella McCartney (LVMH Group) CMO, Peter Chipchase joined AKTG as chief marketing officer last December and is leading the brand repositioning and digital transformation of both A&K and Crystal. Fernando Delgado, chief product officer, will oversee the management and development of A&K’s camps, lodges, and river boats, in addition to leading the A&K product line. He will also be responsible for overseeing Crystal’s marine and hotel operations, from September 1.
They join a well-established leadership team that consists of travel industry veterans including Martin Froggatt, chief destination officer; Camille Drevillon, chief of staff; Fabio Agostini, chief information officer; and Fernando Barroso de Oliveira, chairman and brands ambassador.
In addition to the “One A&K” strategy, local teams will also have new leadership roles:
- Amy Weyman has been named managing director for A&K USA, in addition to her role as EVP of marketing for the USA, which she has held for the past 15 years. Prior to that, she spent 16 years in marketing at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts.
- Kim Berman becomes managing director of Crystal’s Aventura office, in addition to her role as chief legal and people officer of A&K Travel Group.
- Andrew Burrett will become managing director for A&K UK, in addition to his current role as chief financial officer of A&K Travel Group. An experienced business leader, he has held multiple CFO roles over the past 15 years.
- Debra Fox is managing director of A&K Australasia with additional responsibilities as EVP of trade sales Asia Pacific for A&K and Crystal. She has over 30 years of experience across the travel industry at APT, American Express and Thomas Cook.
- Stephanie Schmudde has been promoted to SVP global product strategy for A&K, overseeing product teams worldwide. Ann Epting remains as SVP private jet & special interest travel. At Crystal, Roberto Fazi joins as SVP marine and Bernie Leypold returns as SVP hotel operations.
In addition,,Crystal President Jack Anderson recently announced his retirement after over three decades in the industry, including three years at the helm of Crystal Cruises. Following the brand’s acquisition by A&K Travel Group last year, he returned to spearhead the cruise line’s re-launch.