AmaWaterways has announced its Wine Cruise lineup, with more than 50 itineraries throughout Europe's rivers hosted by North American winemakers, winery owners and expert oenologists. The cruises are designed to provide an immersive wine experience of both New and Old World viticulture.
AmaWaterways 2018 Wine Hosts include:
- Martin and Megan Clubb, co-owners of L’Ecole N° 41 in Walla Walla Valley, WA, are third-generation winery owners who bring over 30 years of experience in the industry and have won numerous awards including being named Wine & Spirits magazine’s “Winery of the Year” for 14 consecutive years.
- Anthony Bell, winemaker and owner at Bell Wine Cellars, is known for making the popular Georges de Latour, and has been involved in many aspects that contribute to modern winemaking in Napa Valley, including drawing the map defining the Carneros appellation.
- Paul and Merrill Bonarrigo are founders of Messina Hof Winery in Bryan, TX. The Bonarrigos planted their first vineyard in 1977 and soon became pioneers of the Texas wine industry having established Messina Hof as the fourth winery in the state.
- Sally and Fred Schweiger designed and developed the Schweiger Estate with the help of family, and welcomed their first official harvest in 1984. Today the Schweigers are proud to be the longest property owners in the esteemed Spring Mountain AVA in Napa Valley with ownership spanning four generations of living and working on the estate.
- Amelia Ceja, president of Ceja Vineyards in Napa, CA, became the first Mexican-American woman ever to be elected president of a winery and, in 2005, she was recognized by the California legislature as “Woman of the Year.” She received the coveted 2013 Academy of Marketing Science Distinguished Marketer Award for turning wine consumers into wine aficionados with her subtle blend of viticulture, down-home cuisine and a Web-based marketing campaign.
Additional 2018 Wine Cruises include Wine Hosts from Le Vigne Winery in Paso Robles, CA; Wolffer Estate Vineyard in Sagaphack, NY; Kriselle Cellars in White City, OR; Alpha Omega Winery in St. Helena, CA; and King Family Vineyards in Crozet, VA, and more.
AmaWaterways additionally offers wine-themed shore excursions in France’s Bordeaux, Burgundy and Alsace regions; Germany’s Moselle and Rhine valleys; Austria’s Wachau and Portugal’s Douro River area.
Guests who book an AmaWaterways Wine Cruise by November 31, 2017 will receive an exclusive Early Booking Reward of up to $1,500 off per stateroom available on select dates, excluding Portugal.