Author of the No. 1 New York Times-bestselling Outlander novels and godmother to the Avalon Tapestry II, Diana Gabaldon is exclusively hosting an Author Cruise with Avalon Waterways in 2018.
This 11-day vacation through Europe explores all the towns and cities along the Danube River, including Prague, Nuremberg, Regensburg, Passau, Vienna, and Budapest, with guided sightseeing in each city.
Also new for 2018 is a Tulip Time Cruise for Garden Enthusiasts. On this April 13, 2018 departure, travelers will discover the gardens and parks famous throughout Europe for inspirational, horticultural art.
Next year, Avalon is also expanding its list of popular themed itineraries, including:
- Wine—Departures include: Burgundy & Provence for Wine Lovers (July 29, October 19 and October 25); Grand France for Wine Lovers (July 27, October 19 and October 20); Rhine & Rhone Revealed for Wine Lovers (July 27, October 19 and October 20); The Blue Danube Discovery for Wine Lovers (October 31) and From the Danube Delta to Prague for Wine Lovers (October 22 and October 24).
- Culinary—Departures include: A Culinary Experience from Paris to Normandy (August 11); A Culinary Experience on the Grand France (August 11) and A Culinary Experience on the Danube Symphony (July 17).
- Beer—Departures include: Tulip Time Cruise for Beer Enthusiasts (April 6); Danube Dreams for Beer Enthusiasts (April 2, April 4 and November 2).
- Jazz—Departures include: Sounds of Jazz from Burgundy & Provence (June 29); Grand France – Sounds of Jazz (June 29) and Sounds of Jazz on the Rhine & Rhone Revealed (June 29).
- Music & Opera— Departures include: Magnificent Europe for Music & Opera Admirers (October 26).
- Art—Departures include: Art & Impressionism Discovery from Paris to Normandy (July 28); Art & Impressionism Discovery on the Grand France (July 28).
- History—Departures include: Paris to Normandy for WWII Historians (July 7); Grand France for WWII Historians (June 29); Danube Dreams for Royalty and Habsburg Enthusiasts (April 13) and Magnificent Europe for European History and Politics Enthusiasts (July 31).
- Jewish Heritage —Departures include: The Blue Danube Discovery & Jewish Heritage (August 12).
Those booking a 2018 river cruise with Avalon Waterways can take advantage of $299 Airfare or Save Up To $1,500 per couple when booking early. For details, click here.