Azamara Club Cruises revealed the 2018-19 sailings for the brand’s newest addition, Azamara Pursuit. The Azamara Pursuit, announced in September, joins sister ships Azamara Quest and Azamara Journey.
Azamara Pursuit will increase the brand’s destination offerings by 40 percent and will add 61 more destinations. Guests will have the chance to stay longer and experience more with 48 late nights and 26 overnights. Aboard Pursuit, guests will get to 15 maiden calls, including:
- Agadir, Morocco
- Antofagasta, Chile
- Chilean Fjords
- Cruising Beagle Channel
- Fowey, United Kingdom
- Laguna San Rafael, Chile
- Lima (Callao), Peru
- Maceió, Brazil
- Monemvasia, Greece
- Pisco (San Martin), Peru
- Salaverry (Trujillo), Peru
- Samos, Greece
- San Antonio, Chile
- Seyðisfjörður, Iceland
- Spetses, Greece
In addition, Azamara Pursuit will offer an array of experiences in South America and Europe.
South America Featured Experiences
- Stargazing in Atacama Desert (Antofagasta, Chile): Sit back, look up and enjoy the peace, vastness and beauty of the stars in the Atacama Desert, the world’s driest desert and one of the best locations on earth to appreciate the Milky Way. Azamara will take you via chartered plane from Antofagasta to San Pedro de Atacama for a two-night stay at the Tierra Atacama (or similar). You’ll visit Moon Valley, Quitor Fortress, Toconao Village & Chaxa Lagoon, then fly from Calama to La Serena via Santiago (on commercial air).
- Casa de Aliaga (Lima, Peru): Guests will explore Peru and dine in the oldest inhabited house in all of the Americas. This manor was built in 1536 during the Spanish conquest expedition of Peru. Your 17th generation family member and host will share this rich history of her family’s manor and the experiences of living there.
- A Culinary Experience in Bohemian Barranco (Lima, Peru): As one of the world’s top culinary destinations, guests will join a local foodie in Bohemian Barranco. Walk through a typical Peruvian market, experience inspiring flavors and even prepare their own trademark Peruvian dishes like ceviche, while sipping Pisco Sours.
- Yoga in the Paracas Desert (Pisco, Peru): While sailing on Azamara’s South American itineraries through its Cruise Global, Connect Local experience, travelers are in touch with nature and oneself as they take part in open-air yoga classes at Atenas Beach in the Paracas National Reserve.
Europe Featured Experiences
- Inside the Volcano (Reykjavik, Iceland): Take an elevator into the magma chamber of dormant volcano, Thrihnukagigur, once filled with hot lava. The Three Peaks Crater erupted 4,000 years ago and is truly a unique natural phenomenon.
- Cruise Global Stay Local – (Akureyri to Seydisfjordur, Greece): In a two-day/one-night excursion, guests can enjoy spectacular views of the Godafoss waterfall (the "Waterfall of the Gods") and see the natural wonders of Lake Mývatn including Skútustaðir craters, Dimmuborgir lava labyrinth and Námaskarð thermal field before ending the day in total relaxation at Mývatn Nature Baths health spa. They will also float in the bubbling warm lagoon or relax with a natural sulfur-free steam bath as you experience true calm. On day two, guests will also travel alongside Jökulsárgljúfur Glacial canyon to Seyðisfjörður, to see the most powerful waterfalls in Europe. Passing Húsavík village, they’ll visit Hljóðaklettar and its echoing cliffs before arriving at Dettifoss waterfall, the largest waterfall in Iceland.
- Greece Day Tour (Nauplion, Greece): Guests will visit the Monastery of St. John (Prodromos), built on the side of a rock face around 1167. They’ll enjoy a Greek lunch at an Arcadian mansion built in the 1840s where guests will meet with the hotel owners. Followed by a complimentary "AzAmazing Evening" in Rhodes, Greece where they’ll spend the evening at Tafros Theater seeing an exclusive performance of the ancient Greek drama, Antigone by Sophocles (in English).
Azamara Pursuit is comparable in size to its sister ships, allowing guests access to unique ports that larger ships are unable to reach. Together, the three ships will now offer guests the opportunity to visit seven continents and 217 ports from August 28, 2018 to April 5, 2019.
Travel professionals can access more information and make reservations at www.CruisingPower.com.