Azamara Club Cruises has added four new sailings to its lineup of Cuba voyages. Departing from Miami, the sailings include overnights in Havana, as well as visits to two maiden ports of call, Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba, beginning in January 2018.
“Interest in traveling to Cuba from both new and loyal guests is undeniable,” said Larry Pimentel, President & CEO of Azamara Club Cruises.
To complement the cruises, Azamara has created a variety of “people-to-people” shore excursions excursions in Cuba. The shore excursions offer a variety of experiences including a visit to the open-air cabaret, Tropicana, a Nelson Dominguez art gallery tour, Havana by classic car along the Malecón waterfront, and Hemingway’s Havana, with more options coming soon.
Two New Cuban Ports of Call
- Cienfuegos: Known as La Perla del Sur (Pearl of the South), Cienfuegos sits on the south-central coast of Cuba. Cienfuegos itself translates to "100 fires.”
- Santiago de Cuba: Perched on the Caribbean Sea southeast of the. Cuba’s second-largest city is bustling, diverse and filled with history and culture.
Six Opportunities to Experience Cuba
Azamara’s full list of Cuba itineraries for 2017 and 2018 is below. Due to high demand, travelers are encouraged to book early.
- Havana Discovery Voyage: Departing on November 20, 2017 (10-Night Miami to Miami)
- Havana Getaway Voyage: Departing November 27, 2017 (4-Night Miami to Miami)
- Panama Canal & Costa Rica Voyage: Departing January 4, 2018 (11-Night Miami to Costa Rica)
- Cuba Intensive Voyages: Departing March 9, 2018 (10-Night Miami to Havana); two overnights in Havana
- Cuba & Grand Cayman Voyages: Departing March 19, 2018 (7-Night Miami to Miami)
- Cuba Intensive Voyages: Departing March 28, 2018 (10-Night Miami to Miami); two overnights in Havana