Crystal has announced the 2020 deployment for its ocean-going vessels, including Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity, as well as the Crystal Esprit yacht. Crystal’s 2020 itineraries will open for booking on May 1, 2018.
Here are some highlights from the 2020 deployment:
- Overnight stays in 55 cities around the world, with at least one overnight stay on nearly every voyage. These stays are often in embarkation and disembarkation destinations, allowing for convenient extension of travelers’ vacations, Crystal said. Examples include:
- Overnight stays for both ships in Livorno, Tuscany, provide guests a gateway to the UNESCO sites of Florence, Pisa and San Gimignano, Italy, plus Giacomo Puccini’s Lucca and the Chianti wine region
- Crystal Symphony overnights in Hong Kong and Singapore, plus destinations like Sihanoukville, Cambodia Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and double overnights in Yangon, Myanmar
- Crystal Serenity overnights in Auckland and Sydney
- Crystal Symphony double overnights in St. Petersburg
- Maiden calls in Pohnpei, Micronesia; Majuro, Marshall Islands; Hambantota, Sri Lanka; Mooloolaba, Australia; Airlie Beach, Australia; and Alghero, Sardinia, Italy
- Spring and autumn Asia sailings aboard Crystal Symphony, with concentration in Southeast Asia, Singapore, China and Japan
- Specialized itineraries focusing on the Middle East and India, available on both ships, with calls in Mumbai and Cochin and cruising the Bay of Bengal; exploration of Bahrain, Muscat, and Aqaba, as well as Dubai and Abu Dhabi
- A total of 25 Mediterranean sailings, with many seven-day options aboard both ships that cater to busy schedules or are combinable for extended journeys.
- European and British Isles voyages aligned with world events and occasions, with overnights set in Edinburgh, Scotland, scheduled around the annual Military Tattoo and Fringe Art Festival; in Monaco for the Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix; and Baltic and North Cape sailings at the summer solstice
- New transatlantic crossing route with calls in Barcelona and Málaga, Spain; Ponta Delgada and Praia da Vitoria, Azores; St. John’s and St. Anthony, Newfoundland, site of the UNESCO-listed L’Anse aux Meadows; and Saguenay, Québec, home to the Saguenay Fjord
- A 33-day warm-weather winter itinerary aboard Crystal Symphony across the Pacific, which visits the Hawaiian Islands, as well as the Marshall Islands, Micronesia and Philippines
- Warm-weather holiday cruises, with Crystal Symphony sailing from Hong Kong to Laem Chabang/Bangkok and spending New Year’s Eve in Singapore; and Crystal Serenity cruising the Caribbean
Additional Crystal Cruises itineraries cruise the Pacific Coast and Hawaiian Islands, Australia and New Zealand, the South Pacific and the Caribbean.
Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises 2020 deployment highlights:
- A return to the Seychelles from late January through March, with nine new seven-day itineraries sailing round-trip from Mahé
- New historically significant itineraries exploring the Rose City of Petra, Egypt and the Holy Land on a nine- or 11-day journey; Cyprus and the Greek Isles of Mykonos, Delos, Paphos, Santorini and maiden call Naxos on a nine-day journey; and the United Arab Emirates of Dubai and Abu Dhabi; Sir Bani Yas Island UAE; Manama, Bahrain and Doha, Qatar on an eight-day journey
- 24 combinable seven-day voyages along the Dalmatian Coast, Aegean and Adriatic, with itineraries focused on Croatia, Greece and the Cyclades
- A “Dubai Holiday Extravaganza” sailing round-trip from Dubai, with two overnights in the city for the annual New Year’s Eve celebration, plus calls to Khasab, Muscat, Doha and Sir Bani Yas Island
Itineraries for Crystal Endeavor, Crystal’s new build luxury expedition yacht set to embark in 2020, will be announced at a later date, the cruise line said.
This story originally appeared on www.travelagentcentral.com.