Luxury cruise line Cunard has announced its expanded voyage program for the remainder of 2020, including new voyages to the Norwegian Fjords, Japan and Australia. The Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria will continue many of Cunard's classic voyages, including its signature Transatlantic Crossing between New York and London, as well as new itineraries in Western Europe and Southeast Asia.
In total, the Cunard fleet will travel over 169,000 nautical miles with calls at 110 destinations in 34 different countries, with eight maiden calls including Bornholm, Denmark; Nordfjordeid, Norway; Ringaskiddy, Ireland; Jakarta, Indonesia; as well as Kushiro, Ishigaki and Tokyo, Japan. Cunard will also offer a selection of two-night calls in major cities including Barcelona, Hong Kong and Québec and late evening departures which allow guests more time in port for deeper exploration in places such as Juneau, Alaska; Aomori, Japan; Malaga, Spain, and Tromsø, Norway.
Queen Mary 2
Flagship ocean liner Queen Mary 2 will continue to be the only ship to offer regularly-scheduled service between New York and London, making 19 seven- to eight-night Transatlantic Crossings from April through December in 2020. Voyage itineraries range from seven to 21 nights and include port calls in Canada, Iceland, Scotland and Le Havre, France, along with overnight calls in Québec and Reykjavik and evening departures in Boston and Halifax. Queen Mary 2 will also sail two Norwegian Fjords voyages ranging from seven to 25 nights and five Western European voyages for three to five nights.
Queen Mary 2 voyage highlights include:
- Nine 14- to 15-night Transatlantic Crossings roundtrip from either New York or London
- Two 21-night sailings with calls to Canada, Iceland and Scotland – one sailing roundtrip from New York, the other roundtrip from London
- Fourth of July seven-night Independence Day cruise roundtrip from New York
- Four seven-night voyages between New York and Québec
- Eight 14-night New England & Canada voyages which begin and end in ports of New York, Québec, Southampton or Le Havre.
Continuing with the new voyage types first introduced in 2019, Queen Elizabeth will continue to roam to far-flung destinations to bring guests a taste of the exotic in Fall 2020. Starting in September, Queen Elizabeth will embark on three roundtrip voyages from Tokyo as well as Grand Voyages that cover the North Pacific, East Asia and Australia. These can be taken as shorter individual voyages from two to 18 nights, or grouped together into longer combinations of up to 40 nights.
Queen Elizabeth highlights include:
- Five Roundtrip Tokyo itineraries with varying lengths and destinations
- Five Southeast Asia voyages, ranging from seven to 23 nights
Cunard’s Queen Victoria will return to Southampton in early spring after embarking on a circumnavigation of South America. She will continue to sail Northern Europe itineraries in addition to seven shorter Western Europe voyages ranging from two to seven nights. She will make seven maiden calls with overnight stays in the major cities of Amsterdam, Barcelona, Reykjavik and St. Petersburg, and evening departures in Bodo, Narvik and Tromsø, Norway, Dublin, Ireland, Hamburg, Germany, Malaga, Spain, and Rotterdam, Netherlands.
Queen Victoria highlights include:
- Four Baltic voyages, ranging from nine to 16 nights
- Four Norwegian Fjords voyages, ranging from seven to 12 nights
- Three Atlantic Coast/Iberia voyages, ranging from 10 to 12 nights
- Two 12-night Iceland voyages
- Two 12-night North Cape voyages (with a high likelihood of seeing the Northern Lights at Alesund)
- Two Western Mediterranean voyages, ranging from 14 to 17 nights
- A 12-night British Isles voyage.
Queen Victoria maiden calls include Bodo, Norway; Bornholm, Denmark; Riga, Latvia; Nordfjordeid, Norway; Leknes, Norway; Skjolden, Norway; and Ringaskiddy (for tours to Cork), Ireland.
2020 Early Booking Benefits
Guests who book launch fares by November 30, 2018 will receive exclusive benefits including:
- Free drinks and gratuities in Princess Grill and Queens Grill Suites
- Up to $1,000 onboard Credit based on cabin category and voyage length
- Upgrades in select Britannia cabin categories
Detailed information about promo code ZED/ZEB and disclaimers about these benefits can be found here.
World Club Member Savings
World Club Members benefit from a 5 percent past passenger discount off launch fares, available for past guests only, until February 19, 2019. This offer is applicable on all cruises, for past guests only, use promo code PAX.
Cunard is bringing back Value Fares for 2020 Summer Program Launch. The Value Fares will include the following:
- Up to 25 percent off Launch Fares
- third and fourth guests receive up to 50 percent off the Value Fares double occupancy rates
- Reduced non-refundable and non-transferable deposit (12.5 percent of the cruise fare instead of 25 percent)
- Cunard Care is available for bookings with Value Fares.
Fares are capacity controlled, subject to change, and may not be combinable with any other public, group or past guest discount. Schedule of final payments and cancellation fees will follow the standard terms and conditions. Cabin assignment and dining options are not available for guests booking Value Fares. Guests will be booked on a Guarantee status.
This article originally appeared on www.travelagentcentral.com.