During this time of social isolation Lindblad Expeditions is bridging the distance—bringing the world’s wild places and keeping moments of “ahhh” alive and well—through a Virtual Expedition to explore the world’s remote places. The small-ship adventure travel company is sharing the “reassuring rhythms of life on board,” from morning stretch classes, to impressive sights, photo ops and even evening recap daily at 6 pm, complete with cocktail recipes from fleet menus.
As the Virtual Expedition unfolds in the weeks ahead, there will be activities for kids led by Lindblad’s team of certified field educators; lectures with the line’s renowned naturalist team; live musical performances from around the world; artisan demonstrations; and cooking demos of sustainable shipboard bites. An evening recap will reveal the newest addition to Lindblad’s fleet, National Geographic Endurance, via a virtual ship tour led by the captain and members of his team.
“We are all adjusting to our new ways of living. Never have any of us experienced anything like this and we are all having to learn new tricks during a period of social distancing,” stated Sven Lindblad, CEO of Lindblad Expeditions. “The main intent is to keep us connected, put a smile on your face and provide a bit of inspiration.”
- Today’s Activity: Video clips with Lindblad naturalists taking guests from temperate to tropical rainforests to the towering ice of Antarctica, guiding them into the sights and sounds.
- AHHHHH Moment: The healing tonic of wildness, a tiny dose of bliss or a bit of insight.
- Photo Tips: Get info you can use to practice indoors or out. Learn from Lindblad certified photo instructors as they explore their own landscape in isolation.
- RECAP: Brab a cocktail recipe and meet the Lindblad team in the Lounge, with demonstrations from virtual shipboard bartenders—and soon-to-be-added lectures, presentations and more.
- Virtual Music Lounge: Choreographed by Lindblad’ ethnomusicologist, Jacob Edgar, viewers can enjoy a series of live musical performances from Ireland, Iceland, Trinidad, Rapa Nui, Scotland and more. Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh, a multi-award-winning traditional singer and musician from Ireland, leads the lineup starting this week.