Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours took delivery of the Scenic Eclipse—the first ship in its new Discovery Yacht series—on July 26 from the Uljanik Shipyard.
Scenic Eclipse left the shipyard on Saturday, July 27 for Valletta, Malta. Once registered there, the vessel will call at a few destinations prior to arriving in Reykjavik, Iceland, where it will begin its first scheduled cruise. The inaugural voyage is a 13-day discovery sailing via Greenland and Eastern Canada, before arriving in Quebec on August 27. Once completed, it will land in New York City for its christening by Godmother Helen Mirren.
In addition, Scenic released footage of the tests and trials of the Airbus H130 helicopters. The H130, which makes little noise in the sky, provides an aerial view of the natural world beyond the seas.
Scenic Eclipse includes:
- 114 all-verandah suites
- 10 dining options, including Asian Fusion, French fine dining, a chef’s table and a poolside buffet
- A 5,920-square-foot spa with a gym and separate yoga and Pilates studio
- Two six-guest helicopters and one six-guest submarine that can submerge nearly 1,000 feet
- A theater for entertainment and lectures
- Indoor and outdoor plunge pools
- Butler service for all guests and an almost one-to-one guest-to-staff ratio
- Polar Class 6 ice class rating
- A GPS dynamic positioning system allowing for stationary positioning without an anchor
This article originally appeared on www.travelagentcentral.com.