Seabourn has announced the 2021 World Cruise: Extraordinary Oceans, a 140-day round-the-world voyage aboard Seabourn Sojourn, set to visit 60 ports and destinations in 32 countries on six continents.
Scheduled to depart Miami on January 3, 2021, the World Cruise will sail east-to-west visiting Central America, the west coast of South America, the islands of the South Pacific, Australia, Indonesia and Africa, before ending in Barcelona, on May 24, 2021. The World Cruise is now open for sale.
The itinerary will alternate “dynamic experiences” with opportunities to relax for a couple of days or more at sea in between port visits.
Seabourn Sojourn will cross two oceans (the Pacific and Indian) while also sailing up the Atlantic Ocean along the coast of Africa. The 140-day voyage will include 10 overnights and 16 late evenings in ports, offering guests ample opportunities to explore the destinations in-depth.
For the first time, Seabourn will offer its popular “Ventures by Seabourn” program on a World Cruise, with an expert expedition team leading insightful explorations in the South Pacific. Optional kayaking, Zodiac, snorkeling and trekking tours will be available in French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tonga, Fiji, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea and more. In Fiji, guests will visit Dravuni, a volcanic island less than half a square mile in size and a population of fewer than 200. The ship will also spend a day at Tavanipupu, a private island in the Solomon Islands, with spectacular snorkeling and a traditional welcome by indigenous performers.
In addition, there will be exclusive world cruise events planned over the course of the journey for guests, while local entertainment, regional cuisines and wines will also be included.
Destination highlights on Seabourn’s 2021 World Cruise include:
- Central and South America: Seabourn Sojourn will skim the coast of Central America before making a full transit of the 51-mile-long Panama Canal. Optional tours and shore excursions in South America include a visit to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu in Peru or the Galapagos archipelago. The World Cruise will also include Seabourn’s first-ever landing at Easter Island, with an overnight stay and two full days to explore the stone-faced moai.
- Australia: Following the arrival at Cairns, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Seabourn Sojourn will proceed south with stops including Sydney, the indigenous penguin colonies of tiny Phillip Island, and an overnight stay in Melbourne. The ship will spend a long day for guests to enjoy the culinary offerings of Adelaide; cross the Great Australian Bight; call in Albany, the last stop for Anzac forces bound for Europe during World War II; and take in Bunbury, known for wild bottlenose dolphins that swim along the shore of Koombana Bay, before sailing north up the western edge of the continent to Broome.
- Africa: Following seven days in Indonesia, including two nights in Bali, the ship will cross the Indian Ocean en-route to Africa, with two days in the Seychelles leading to three days in Mombasa, Kenya. Calls in Africa include overnights in Cape Town, South Africa, and Walvis Bay, Namibia, the latter offering desert tours that stay out until late in the evening to gaze at stars.
Finally, Seabourn Sojourn will sail up the west coast of Africa, going in-depth and visiting off-the-beaten-path yet culturally-rich destinations including Benin, Ghana, Togo, Gambia, and the capital of Senegal, Dakar, surrounded by Atlantic beaches on the coast of the Cape Verde Peninsula. The ship will then sail onto the Cape Verde and Canary Islands and spend a long day in Casablanca followed by two days at sea before disembarking in Barcelona, Spain.
Guests who book the full 140-day voyage by May 31, 2020, will receive a menu of complimentary benefits and amenities, including:
- Roundtrip business class air
- $4,000 shipboard credit per suite ($2,000 per person)
- $6,000 shipboard credit per suite for Penthouse and Premium Suites ($3,000 per person)
- Unlimited Internet Package
- Private car transfers door-to-door between home and airport
- Personal Valet luggage shipping service between home and ship in Miami and Barcelona
- Unlimited laundry, dry cleaning and pressing on board
- Gala Bon Voyage dinner and overnight hotel stay prior to departure in Miami
- Three exclusive World Cruise events
- Visa package (available for guests from North America and Canada)
- Special World Cruise pillow gifts
Travelers who book the full World Cruise by March 31, 2020, will receive a 50 percent reduced deposit. Guests who pay in full by May 31, 2020, will receive an additional 3 percent savings off the cruise-only fare. Certain restrictions apply.
For guests who cannot sail on the entire 140-day voyage, shorter segments ranging from 21 to 81 days, along with a selection of benefits and amenities, are also available.