Seabourn is offering two new content-rich Wellness Cruises with Dr. Andrew Weil for 2018. Bound for Alaska and Greece, each voyage will host integrative medicine experts, as well as Dr. Weil, who partnered with Seabourn to introduce Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, an exclusive mindful living program at sea.
Both itineraries will offer panel discussions, a number of complimentary wellness seminars and interactive sessions led by Dr. Weil and his. A selection of optional, for-charge shore excursions will also be offered.
The first Wellness Cruise will explore Alaska on the Wellness in the Wilderness with Dr. Weil sailing aboard Seabourn Sojourn, June 16-28, 2018. As the vessel travels north from Vancouver, British Columbia, exploring Sumner Strait, Seduction Point, Tracy Arm and Misty Fjords en route to Seward, Alaska, the Wellness Cruise program host more than 20 complimentary lectures and demonstrations. A sampling of wellness topics includes:
- Healthy Aging presented by Dr. Weil, with strategies to reduce the risk and delay the onset of age-related disease. Other programs presented by Dr. Weil include Fish, Wellness & the Environment; panel discussions including Getting the Most out of Integrative Therapies; Worried You're Over Medicated? Questions to Ask Your Doctor; and Vitamins and Supplements.
- Heart to Heart with preventive cardiologist Steve Devries M.D., executive director of the Gables Institute for Integrative Cardiology. Devries will further lead discussions including a session on using nutrition to boost heart function.
- Vibrantly Healthy Women with Victoria Maizes, M.D., an internationally recognized leader in integrative medicine and a professor of medicine, family medicine and public health at the University of Arizona. Dr. Maizes will present Nourishing Your Health by Living Green, and examine everything from cutting-edge nutritional advances to the neuroscience of happiness in Vitality - How to Uncover More.
- Guided imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek will lead programs including Guided Imagery: The Lazy Man's (or Woman's) Meditation; Guided Imagery for Deep, Restorative Sleep; and Guided Imagery for Overcoming Anxiety. Naparstek is creator of the popular Health Journeys audio series featuring her and scores of gifted, handpicked guided imagery practitioners.
- Sanford Newmark, M.D., an expert in nutrition and its impact on childhood development, will examine several areas in his field including ADHD Today and Stress Levels in Kids. A clinical professor of pediatrics at the University of California, Newmark will also lead discussions on the significance of nutrition, sleep, exercise and social activity in Raising Healthy Kids.
- Quick & Easy Wellness with Jim Nicolai, M.D., an expert in combining conventional medicine with the intelligent use of complementary and alternative therapies, will reveal how easy it is to embrace wellness with presentations, including Breathwalking for Wellness; and Quick & Easy Herbs.
In the Mediterranean, guests can opt for the Origins of Wellness with Dr. Weil sailing, October 6-20, 2018. Headed round-trip from Piraeus (Athens), Seabourn Odyssey will take in sights and scenes of Mykonos, Crete, Naxos, and Rhodes in Greece, as well as Syracuse, Italy, and Valletta, Malta. The onboard Wellness Cruise program will include more than 25 complementary workshops and discussions from authorities on integrative medicine, including:
- Origins of Healing with Dr. Weil, a fascinating look through the lens of integrative medicine that recognizes the innate healing power of the human organism. Other topics led by Dr. Weil include Nutrition 101: The Mediterranean and Anti-Inflammatory Diets; Integrative Medicine: The Future of Health Care; and Healthy Aging.
- Harvesting the Natural Wisdom of the Body for Self-Healing by Ann Marie Chiasson, M.D., co-director of the Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine. Additional topics led by Dr. Chiasson include Energy Healing: Old Wives' Tale or Old Wives' Wisdom; Heart Center Meditation; and The Transformational Process.
- Board-certified in internal medicine, cardiology and integrative medicine, Vivian A. Kominos M.D., is focused on the prevention, mitigation and healing of heart disease. She will explore the health benefits of Mediterranean cuisine in What I Learned from My Giagia: Cooking with Heart and leadsmall group programs including How to Attain Optimal Heart Health: It's Never too Late!, and Women's Hearts: We are Not Just Small Men.
- Vibrantly Healthy Women with Victoria Maizes, M.D.; she will present Nourishing Your Health by Living Green, and examine everything from cutting-edge nutritional advances to the neuroscience of happiness in Vitality - How to Uncover More.
- Gulshan K. Sethi, M.D., has a long history in the field of cardiac surgery and heart transplantation, including performing the first lung transplant in Arizona in 1989. Dr. Sethi will weigh in on The Healing Power of Laughter, while also leading discussions including An Integrative Approach to Prepare for Surgery; and Obesity: A Global Epidemic.
Guests can find Dr. Weil's integrative approach at Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil onboard every Seabourn cruise by the end of 2017. The program is led by an onboard Mindful Living coach, a certified yoga and meditation practitioner. Complimentary Mind and Body seminars adapted from Dr. Weil's best-selling books and research are offered to educate on philosophies and practices aligned with the program's mission, while individualized one-on-one wellness sessions and other spa & wellness services are also available for a fee.