Silversea Cruises announced 54 new winter 2020-21 voyages and opened a pre-sale for its Venetian Society members. The range of voyages can provide more experiences for the cruise line’s guests, as well as increased number of ports for the winter season and 20 maiden calls.
Comprising the winter itineraries of Silver Muse, Silver Whisper, Silver Shadow, Silver Spirit and Silver Moon, a sister ship to Silver Muse due to join the fleet in August 2020, the new collection of voyages will showcase the Caribbean, springtime in Asia, and both Australia and South America on circumnavigations. Travelers can also enjoy complimentary round-trip economy class flights or business class upgrades and transfers on virtually all voyages in the new collection (exceptions and market-specific conditions may apply).
A total of 26 voyages aboard Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper and Silver Moon will enable guests to visit 46 destinations in the Caribbean. In addition to many experiences—such as journeys into the rainforests of St. Lucia, opportunities to explore the boutiques of St. Barth and time in the Spanish-tiled courtyards of San Juan—Silversea’s guests will discover such ports as Jost Van Dyke, Bequia and Mayreau. Guests will also have the opportunity to travel into the culture and landscapes of Cuba. For guests’ convenience, many Caribbean voyages will depart and/or culminate in Fort Lauderdale. A sample itinerary from the new Caribbean voyages on offer includes:
- Fort Lauderdale to Bridgetown: Silversea’s Silver Whisper will depart Fort Lauderdale on November 10, 2020, on a 10-day voyage to Bridgetown, Barbados. Guests will journey to San Juan, Jost Van Dyke, St. John’s, Fort-de-France, Mayreau, St. George’s and Bequia, before arriving in Bridgetown on November 20, 2020. A shore experiences in each destination will be included.
In Asia, Silver Muse and Silver Spirit will include destinations in 18 countries for guests, with each ship completing seven voyages between September 2020 and May 2021. In addition to calls in the major ports of Mumbai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo, the new collection’s Asian highlights include multiple overnights calls in various Vietnam destinations and round-trip voyages from Tokyo during the cherry blossom season. Guests can explore cultures of Asia through shore experiences and various on-board enrichment. Among the new voyages on offer in Asia is the following sample itinerary:
- Tokyo to Tokyo: Completing a 15-day circumnavigation of Japan’s island, Honshu, Silver Muse will depart Tokyo on April 5, 2021. Aboard the cruise line’s flagship, guests will visit Shimizu; Kobe, on an overnight call; and Hiroshima; before reaching Yeosu in South Korea. Subsequently, travelers will explore Kanazawa, Niigata, Akita, Aomori and Hakodate, ahead of arriving in Tokyo on April 19, 2021.
By combining three voyages: Sydney to Fremantle (Perth), Fremantle (Perth) to Bali, and Bali to Sydney, guests will be able to sail to a total of 49 destinations in eight countries in and around Australia and New Zealand, between October 2020 and March 2021. Travelers will be able to complete the 50-day circumnavigation of Australia aboard Silver Muse. Iconic destinations in Australia and New Zealand, as well as a number of Pacific Islands, will be showcased on a selection of Sydney-to-Auckland voyages from December 2020 to February 2021. The new collection includes the following sample voyage:
- Sydney to Auckland: Between December 20, 2020, and January 5, 2021, Silver Muse will take guests closer to the region’s through a 16-day voyage between Sydney and Auckland. After calling at Melbourne, guests will travel to Burnie in Tasmania, ahead of crossing to cruise New Zealand’s Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound, and Dusky Sounds. Next come Port Chalmers (Dunedin), Akaroa, Kaikoura, Wellington, Gisborne, Tauranga, before guests discover the city of Auckland on an overnight call.
In its inaugural season in the region, Silver Moon will journey throughout Central and South America between January and April, 2021, enabling guests to discover 55 destinations in 27 countries. S.A.L.T., Silversea’s new culinary concept, can enables travelers to form connections with visited destinations through culinary experiences. Aboard Silversea’s newest flagship, guests will be able to complete an circumnavigation of South America over 69 days, when combining four voyages (from Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale):
- The first segment of this experience will see Silversea’s guests travel from Fort Lauderdale to Callao, departing January 7, 2021, calling at Cozumel, Quintana Roo; Belize City; Roatan Island; Puerto Limón; San Blas Islands; and a transit of Panama Canal. Subsequent overnights in Fuerte Amador (Panama City) and Guayaquil will precede a call in Salaverry, before Silver Moon reaches Callao (Lima).
- The second voyage, a 22-day route from Callao to Buenos Aires, will enable guests to travel into Chilean Fjords and Ushuaia, among other destinations, before setting sail for Argentina’s capital city.
- Travelers on the third voyage will explore destinations in Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil ahead of arriving in Rio de Janeiro.
- Concluding the roundtrip circumnavigation, Silver Moon will offer various experiences for guests in Brazil, French Guiana, Barbados, Grenada, St. Lucia, Antigua and Barbuda, French West Indies, and Puerto Rico, prior to reaching Fort Lauderdale on March 17, 2021.
Onboard amenities include complimentary premium wines and spirits, speciality coffees, bottled water, juices and soft drinks served throughout the ship; an in-suite bar, stocked with guests' preferences; an in-suite 24-hour dining service; and unlimited complimentary Wi-Fi.
In addition to the inclusive air program, travelers can benefit from a 10 percent early booking bonus, while loyal guests of Silversea’s Venetian Society can also enjoy customary benefits.