In its 2019 Luxe Report, Virtuoso has gathered nine top experiences for travelers to do this upcoming year. Surveying 17,500 travel advisors, Virtuoso came up with this list:
1. Skydive in New Zealand – Consistently picked as one of the best places for skydiving, the destination offers views of glaciers, mountains, rainforests, the Pacific Ocean, rivers and lakes.
2. Solstice cruises – Sail the Norwegian fjords to the North Cape on June 21 and the Chilean fjords to the South Cape on December 21 to experience endless daylight cruises in both hemispheres.
3. Ride the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express – Spend 10 days traveling by luxury rail from Paris to Istanbul aboard this restored Art Deco train.
4. Dine at Tickets in Barcelona – Eat Spanish tapas at the restaurant run by the Adrià brothers of elBulli fame. Diners must book their table two months in advance.
5. See the beaches at Normandy – Take a river cruise to these famous beaches to commemorate the 75th anniversary of D-Day.
6. Attend the Rugby World Cup – Held in Japan during the fall, this six-week tournament lines up with exactly when the country’s leaves are turning vibrant shades of orange, red and yellow.
7. Hop in a submarine – See the fish, turtles, sharks, dolphins and rays in the Maldives’ UNESCO Biosphere Reserve thanks to the Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru’s submarine trips.
8. Experience totality – See the 2019 solar eclipse July 2 while on a glamping trip in northern Chile.
9. See coastal Croatia by yacht – Sail along Croatia’s coast aboard a private yacht, and visit popular ports such as Dubrovnik, Split and Hvar Island.