Canyon Ranch’s newest brand extension, Canyon Ranch Wellness Retreats, is slated to launch in fall 2019. The brand’s first retreat model, located in Woodside, CA, above Skyline Boulevard, will offer guests highly sensory, personalized wellness sojourns. The property provides three-, four- and seven-day retreats, with 14 guestrooms and 24 additional guestrooms in standalone luxury treehouses. Amenities include an indoor/outdoor training zone, a boutique spa, sauna, an indoor saline pool and a whirlpool.
The property will offer a fully curated program encompassing multiple themes, including but not limited to mind-body, joy, culinary, movement and wellness. Outdoor activities will include year-round hiking and biking adventures to nearby world-class trails. A nature trail and a challenging obstacle course are canopied by towering Redwoods.
Recently, the company has announced six new leadership appointments.
- Debbie Gisonni—general manager: From 2010 to 2014, Gisonni served as President and CEO at the Stillheart Institute which previously occupied the space
- Jennifer Tarkiainen—director of operations: Prior to joining Canyon Ranch Wellness Retreat – Woodside, Jennifer worked at companies including Nokia, Microsoft, and Tellabs
- DeAnn Teixeria—director of programming: Teixeira has worked for over 20 years as a personal trainer and wellness coach in the Bay Area
- Isabelle Jackson Nunes—executive chef: Nunes joins the team with 10 years of culinary experience in several kitchens across Northern California, including a role as Head Cook/Chef de Partie at Apple
- Melda Erbatur—sous chef: Erbatur received her culinary arts degree from City College of San Francisco and worked at a popular San Francisco restaurant
- Tim De Voe—facilities manager: Prior to joining Canyon Ranch, de Voe was Facilities Director for Djerassi Resident Artists Program in Woodside, California, managing projects in plumbing, masonry, electrical, and building repairs