This looks like a wonderful way to kick of 2013! On Fiji, Vomo Island Resort, a private island getaway, is throwing an elaborate, beach-chic celebration under the stars on December 31.
For their annual New Year’s Eve party, the hotel converts Rocks Beach into an exotic, open-air lounge lined with tiki torches and authentic Fijian décor that incorporates elements of the exotic setting.
Coolest touch: For this party, Vomo will make couches from the beach’s white sand and cover them with fine linen, tropical flowers & pillows, creating a unique space perfect for al fresco cocktailing and enjoying the midnight fireworks display. In addition to relaxing on the “sand-made” lounges, guests can bring in the New Year with a bang on the dance floor and socialize around a roaring bonfire, all while enjoying a view of the blue Pacific with Vomo Lailai, Vomo's deserted volcanic island, on the horizon.
A six-course degustation dinner menu, as well as a similar vegetarian option, will be served poolside earlier in the evening. The menu, featuring authentic Fijian fare made from locally caught and sustainable sources (like the resort’s on-site organic gardens), includes items such as:
· Locally caught lobster
· Sous vide Cape Grim beef from Australia -- Sous vide beef fillet, pickled Japanese radish, wasabi mousse, soy sauce jelly
· Local caught Mud Crab -- Squid ink pasta, picked mudcrab, capers, pernod veloute, Pecorino Romano
· Cape Grim beef tenderloin -- Tenderloin, braised beef cheek, fresh shitake mushrooms, green beans, feta, rosemary truffle butter
· Line caught sesame Tuna -- Local tuna fillet, local moka, shallots puree, orange segments, coriander, shaved island coconut
· Vomo island coconut Assiette – cake, mousse, roasted, truffles, coconut sorbet
· Valrhona Chocolate Assiette – mousse, fondant, fudge cake, truffles, orange sorbet
For more information, visit www.vomofiji.com.