In a collaboration between Hotel Matilda and Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, the "Market of Arts & Gastronomy" (MAG) festival is set to launch on July 13-16, 2017 in San Miguel de Allende. The festival, which is expected to become an annual event, will host an array of high-profile participants including chefs, hotels, restaurants, food and spirit companies, wineries, artists, major media and more.
Dozens of activities are planned for the four-day festival, starting with a kickoff dinner in Moxi at the Hotel Matilda with Mexican chef, Enrique Olvera. Other events and activities on the festival agenda include:
- Petit Comité Culinary & Art Events: Special, intimate dinners and luncheons will be held at leading restaurants and unique locations in historic San Miguel, with noted chefs cooking and artists exhibiting their works; participation will range from 40 diners to a maximum of 120. Among the dinner locations will be Casa Armida, 1826 Restaurant at Rosewood, Moxi, The Restaurant, and Casa Dragones, while a special lunch will be held at Bruce James’ (director of Hotel Matilda) home.
- Marché: A grand market of gastronomy, beverages and art that will host more than 120 booths with restaurants offering tasting dishes, tastings of tequila, spirits, beers, wines and cheeses, and an art tunnel, art performances and art exhibitors.
- Edible Exposition by Fernanda Prado: Edible Expositions will present innovative art works that will be eaten by festival goers. At the event, dinner courses will be paired with art and Monte Xanic wines.
- Special Tasting Events: Tequila, mezcal and beer tastings will be held at El Chorro ‘Casa de la Cultura’ (a space for cultural and art activities).
- Casa Cuervo After Party: All chefs, sponsors, festival-goers and press will celebrate the first edition of the festival.
Participating chefs include Enrique Olvera, Carlos Hannon, Roberto Solis, Paul Bentley, Diego Hernández, Donnie Masterton, Alejandro Ruíz, Rene Reyes Echeverría, Patrick Cros, Eduardo Echeverría, John Gallo, Fernando Trocca, Gabriela Ruíz, Elena Reygadas, Juan Licerio and Oliver Deboise, among others. Some of the participating artists include Claudio Limón, Angelo Musco, Ricardo Gonzàlez, Pepe Soho and Luis Fabian Flores, among others.
An all-inclusive MAG ticket will be available, or tickets may be purchased for individual events with costs ranging from $50-$150. Tickets can be purchased at www.magmexico.com.