Signature Travel Network’s executive vice president, Ignacio Maza, and managing director, communications and public affairs, Jean Newman Glock, showcased 2019’s emerging destinations at Signature’s annual Owner’s Meeting at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island on September 6, 2018.
Owners and managers from Signature member agencies in the U.S. and Canada attended this event, where Maza and Newman Glock polled attendees to get the latest.
According to Signature Travel Network, destinations to watch (and the reasons to do so) are:
- Egypt: Visit the New Grand Egyptian Museum and Nefertari’s tomb; cruising the Nile; sightseeing at Aswan
- Bolivia: South America’s most innovative cuisine can be found in La Paz; stunning landscapes; endless biodiversity
- Fiji: The world’s fourth-largest barrier reef; exceptional beaches; a unique culture; new world-class resorts
- Abu Dhabi: Cultural capital of the Gulf; new Louvre Museum; desert adventures; over-the-top hotels
- Sri Lanka: The best Asian safaris; archaeological sites; unique places to stay; great shopping and dining
- Tasmania: Australia’s most vibrant dining scene; a hub of modern art; breathtaking natural beauty
- Ottawa: Canada’s green, friendly capital offers outstanding museums and the best winter festival
- Ethiopia: Rock-hewn churches; rugged landscapes; ancient cultures and the original source of coffee
- Puebla: Mexico’s finest colonial architecture; new Baroque Museum; pottery; fantastic new hotels
- The Azores: Portugal’s best kept secret are these nine unspoiled islands; heaven for outdoor adventures
- Flanders: Mecca for lovers of history; art, design, fine dining and Instagram-worthy architecture
- Anguilla: Renovated and enhanced resorts; 33 white sand beaches; some of the best Caribbean dining