Villas of Distinction, part of World Travel Holdings, announced its anticipated most sought-after villa vacation destinations for 2018 based on industry insights.
- Italy – “This destination continues to be our strongest in terms of bookings,” said Steve Lassman, vice president of villa product & agency relations for Villas of Distinction. “Italy’s culture, the food & wine and its historical beauty continue to be magical and captivating for consumers. Italy is the perfect destination to immerse [yourself] in.”
- Orlando – Orlando is already one of the most popular destinations for families and multigenerational travelers with something available for everyone, and at every price point. Lassman says: “One of the growing trends we are seeing in Orlando are ‘Girlfriend Getaways’ as they combine the excitement of a day at the parks with dining and shopping and the relaxation of a villa.”
- Turks & Caicos – “Villa bookings to this area are growing rapidly as guests are looking for islands with wonderful white sand beaches, staffed villas and award-winning restaurants, and the Turks & Caicos checks all of these boxes,” stated Lassman. “Air service is growing rapidly as you now have many cities within the U.S. and Canada offering non-stop service, so it’s easier than ever to get there.”
- Jamaica – Travelers looking for the best value in the Caribbean might consider Jamaica, where most villas include a chef, butler, housekeeper and laundress are included in the cost of most Jamaica villas. In addition, the island has so much to offer in the way of activities from snorkeling, scuba diving, golfing, hiking, zip lining, and horseback riding to climbing the 600-foot-high Dunn's River Falls or enjoying Jamaica’s 27 native bird species at the Rocklands Feeding Station.
- Hawaii – “Villas of Distinction continues to see substantial growth in Hawaii; in particular, the Big Island and Maui,” Lassman stated. He goes on to say many of these travelers have visited other "sun and fun" destinations, and are looking for an alternative warm-weather locale.
Last year’s leading villa vacation destinations, in order, were: Italy, Hawaii, Jamaica, St. John and Florida.