To mark the end of 2014, Etihad Airways has premiered two of its new aircraft, the Airbus A380, and the Boeing 787, at a recent launch event at the Abu Dhabi airport.
Other developments include redesigned flight staff attire from Italian designer Ettore Bilotta in the Etihad color palette of brown, purple, and orange. This is the first time that personnel uniforms have been updated since 2003. The new designs were on public display as part of a fashion show that took place during the media viewing event.
Both the A380 and the B787 will undergo test operations prior to their debut flights in winter 2015 (The A380 will operate daily to London Heathrow from 27 December and the 787 to Dusseldorf from 1 February 2015).
Cabin features of the new A380 include:
- The Residence by Etihad, a 125 square-foot three-room cabin suite situated on the upper deck of the aircraft comprised of a living room, a separate ensuite shower room, and a bedroom (can be reserved for single or double occupancy). Personal butlers will also be available upon request.
- The First Apartment, a complete living space with a reclining lounge chair and an ottoman, which opens up to become a separate 80.5 inch long fully-flat bed
- 70 Business Studios with aisle access and a 80.5 inch-long fully flat bed
- The Economy Smart Seat, which features ‘fixed wing’ headrests
Cabin features of the new B787 include:
- The First Suite, an enhanced suite with chilled mini-bar, complete privacy and center seats that can be joined to create a double bed
- 28 Business Studios
- The Economy Smart Seat