Anantara Hotels and Resorts has rolled out its signature CSR program, “Dollar for Deeds,” at all properties worldwide. First introduced almost a decade ago at select hotels in Thailand, Anantara’s home base, the initiative has been integrated into the growth strategies of the brand globally.
Designed as an opt-in program for guests, “Dollar for Deeds” encourages travelers to give back to the community by donating to a range of causes, each hand-picked to impact the environment, sustainability and the community in the most effective way. Under this program, guests can donate one dollar per night of their stay, with Minor Hotels matching their contribution dollar for dollar and donating to CSR partners internationally.
In Thailand, funds raised are dispersed equally between three chosen and vetted causes: The Princess Sirindhorn Craniofacial Center at Chulalongkorn Hospital in Bangkok to provide comprehensive care for mainly children with craniofacial abnormalities; The Mai Khao Marine Turtle Foundation that looks after all turtles that nest in Phuket, including the critically endangered giant leatherback; and The Golden Triangle Asian Elephant Foundation where rescued street elephants enjoy a peaceful life in Northern Thailand and wild elephants and their habitat are protected.
Other projects include holistic coral reef protection in the Maldives; vulture nest monitoring, raptor protection and humpback whale monitoring in Oman; gibbon, peacock and otter releases in Cambodia; providing care and vocational training for disabled children in Vietnam and Indonesia; supporting local farmers and local fishing communities in Africa; and reforestation projects in China and Malaysia.
Participating properties include:
- Thailand – All properties
- Sri Lanka – Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort and Anantara Kalutara Resort
- Cambodia – Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa
- The Maldives – All properties
- Oman – Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort and Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara
- Malaysia – Anantara Desaru Coast Resort & Villas
- Vietnam – All properties
- Mozambique – Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort
- Zambia – Royal Livingstone Victoria Falls Zambia Hotel by Anantara
- Indonesia – All properties
- China – Anantara Xishuangbanna Resort & Spa
The rollout of the “Dollar for Deeds” program will continue in Anantara’s recently launched hotels throughout Europe in Q1, 2024.