The Duniway, a lifestyle hotel in Portland, OR, has a lot on tap for 2018. The biggest news is the introduction of its reimagined pool and workout facilities, located on the hotel’s 11th floor.
Opening this spring (in April/May), the new indoor pool—one of very few in downtown Portland—will have fun programming, including water aerobics and yoga. On the same floor, there will also be a new outdoor hideaway. The space, which is available to hotel guests only, is intended to be a “Zen area” where guests can relax after a day exploring the city. What’s fun: Guests can order food and drinks from the restaurant and bar downstairs from their phones (there will not be a bar located on the terrace). Possible events here include wine tastings and jazz nights.
The hotel has also introduced new in-room amenities. The local delicacies include:
- Crunchy Portland: Poplandia popcorn, Rain City Crunch granola and Oregon Rain Bottled Water
- Shake It Up: Dogwood D.L. Franklin vodka, Rose City tonic, Bitter Housewives bitters, club soda and garnishes
- Rosé All Day: Local Underwood rosé, rose-colored glasses and the book, Rosé All Day by James Beard award-winner Katherine Cole
- Flower Power: A bouquet of Christopher David Flowers upon arrival
A top activity is The Duniway’s new Wine Beyond the Vine day trip to Stoller Family Estate (just 45 minutes outside of the city). The exclusive activity will have two spots available a weekend in September and October, during harvest. The trip includes car service, a tour of the vineyards, lunch on property with the staff, and more. Booking is available, and with only 16 spots open, this should be reserved well in advance. The package includes two nights at The Duniway and a bottle of Stoller wine in your guestroom.
For guests who enjoyed the experience, Stephen Cassel, director of sales and marketing, says they should book the same trip the following year to try their vintage.
According to Cassel, travelers looking to experience authentic Portland should make the following stops:
- Knot Springs Social Club: A high-end health club with yoga, Pilates, TRX and HIIT classes; also offers a pool, sauna area and massages
- Salt & Straw: A homemade ice cream shop with inventive flavors
- Finger Bang: A nail salon experience unlike any other
- Japanese Garden: A traditional Japanese garden occupying 9.1 acres