The Peninsula New York has unveiled its newly renovated Peninsula Suite, and it looks pretty spectacular. Taking up most of the 19th floor, the suite has top views of Fifth Avenue and includes a full six rooms, including a master bedroom and bath, a dining room with adjoining kitchen, a living room, study and a second bedroom.
Designed by New York-based designer Bill Rooney, the Peninsula Suite has a grand piano and Murano glass chandeliers, and the living room has bio-fuel fireplace and a huge 80-inch TV with a 3D Blu-Ray player. There is more for tech fans to love as well: The living room also has automated drapery, and the library has a Wii and Playstation. (The library also has a wet bar with complimentary premium drinks.) The master bedroom has a bedside control panel that lets guests control all features of the suite including the draperies, lighting, and temperature.
Other nice perks: His-and-hers closets have a luggage bench, and the master bath has a large window overlooking Fifth Avenue. It also has integrated radiant floor heating, an oversized soaking bath with a 26-inch LED television and a separate spa shower with steam and six water features.
The dining room, meanwhile can seat 10 around the table, and the adjacent butler's kitchen has a Sub-Zero refrigerator, stovetop and microwave. (Bonus: Beverages, tea and coffee are all refilled daily in the kitchen.)
Suite Perks include:
• Round-trip airport transfers in The Peninsula’s signature BMW 7-series
• Unlimited wine/alcohol bar customized to the guest’s preference
• Complimentary packing, unpacking and pressing
• 24-hour check in/check out
• Sleep Menu with three choices of luxury linens, pillows and duvets
• Dedicated iPad for use throughout stay and pre-loaded with a selection of domestic and international newspapers
• Entertainment options including unlimited HD movies-on-demand and premium cable channels
• Twice-daily housekeeping service
The hotel is located on Fifth Avenue and 55th Street. For more information, visit peninsula.com/newyork.