The Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens—a property Luxury Travel Advisor has been covering for some time—is now accepting reservations for stays beginning on March 29, 2019.
Just 30 minutes from the Acropolis and historical city center of Athens, the hotel is set on 75 acres, surrounded by pine trees and three private beaches.
The hotel has 303 accommodations in rooms, suites, villas and bungalows; seven restaurants and bars, including an Italian trattoria to poolside grill, a Greek seafood restaurant, a beachfront tavern and a cigar lounge; a spa inspired by the studies of Hippocrates, plus such wellness facilities as a hydrotherapy pool and fitness rooms; and multiple beaches and pools. There is also a tennis academy, basketball court and the signature Kids for All Seasons program for the Hotel’s youngest guests.
Located on a peninsula that also includes extensive parkland, restaurants, shopping and the Astir Marina, Four Seasons is just 15 miles from Athens Eleftherios Venizelos Airport via car or helicopter to the Hotel’s private helipad. The hotel also has its own pier for those who wish to arrive by sea or take tour of the surrounding islands.
Accommodations are spread through two separate buildings, each with its own dining and leisure facilities, as well as a collection of classic bungalows. Options include:
- Arion, a modernist building, which is home to four restaurants and the Hotel’s spa; the Arion Duplex Penthouse covers two floors and is crowned by a rooftop garden and private pool with Aegean views
- Nafsika, a mid-century building, offers sea views from every room, as well as three restaurants and lively pool and waterfront scene
- The Bungalows are original to the hotel, and are now updated and modernized
Food and Beverage
Seven restaurants and lounges are among the dining and drinking options for guests of Four Seasons, as well as local visitors. These include:
- Mercato – An Italian trattoria and market with indoor and outdoor seating for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- HELIOS – Latin American specialties and a ceviche raw bar are on the menu at this poolside grill
- Pelagos – A sea-fresh Greek seafood restaurant for breakfast, dinner and Sunday brunch
- Taverna 37 – A rustic, traditional-style restaurant on the seafront that draws ingredients and inspiration from across Greece
- Avra – A spot to meet new friends and old for drinks and light fare
- Astron – A lounge for coffee and cocktails with a sea view
- Aristotle’s Cigar Lounge – An exclusive bar and lounge
In addition, a total of 22,813 square feet of flexible event spaces, including open-air terraces, are available for meetings, parties and weddings for groups between 12 and 560 people.
Sam Ioannidis has been tabbed as general manager. Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens is scheduled to open in March 2019.