Hotel Regina Isabella, a hotel on the Italian island of Ischia, has introduced a package to follow in the footsteps of Elena Ferrante and her popular Neapolitan Novels, in the lead-up to HBO's adaptation of My Brilliant Friend, premiering on November 18, 2018. The four-part series follows the lives of two girls, Lenù and Lila, growing up on the outskirts of Naples, Italy in the 1950s. As Ischia, located off the coast of Naples, plays an important role in the novels, guests at Regina Isabella will be able to visit the locations firsthand while enjoying the island.
The "Following in the Footsteps of Elena Ferrante" package includes:
- Minimum three-night stay, starting from the Double Superior room with a balcony and garden view
- A private guided tour of the island by car for two, visiting the locations described in Elena Ferrante's novels, including the old town of Testaccio, the thermal parks, Maronti beach, the bay of Citara and Cuotto's village
- Meeting with a literature professor for a creative writing workshop, as inspired by Elena Ferrante's writing
- Gourmet dinner for two at Regina Isabella's Michelin-starred Indaco Restaurant, including a six-course tasting menu
- "Thermae Day" spa treatment for two, including a thermal mud treatment and a thermal spring bath at Regina Isabella Spa
The package starts at approximately $1,664, based on double occupancy, and is valid through October 2019 (excluding July and August). Guests can extend their stay longer than the minimum three nights and can upgrade to higher room categories. As Hotel Regina Isabella is a seasonal resort, it will be closed from November 4, 2018 to April 4, 2019. Package is subject to availability, and blackout dates apply.