This spring, Scottsdale, AZ will be home to the Nirvana culinary festival, hosted by Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa. The inaugural Nirvana will bring together festival-goers with world-acclaimed chefs and winemakers for a series of tastings, special meals, and a celebrity golf tournament, April 27-30.
Sanctuary’s own star executive chef Beau MacMillan will share the spotlight with Robert Irvine, Todd English, Scott Conant and renowned chefs and mixologists from Scottsdale’s top local establishments.
Tickets are sold at www.NirvanaFoodandWine.com; a portion of proceeds will benefit HopeKids, an organization that provides ongoing events, activities and a powerful, unique support community for families who have a child with cancer or other life-threatening medical conditions.
Attendees will have the option of turning their stay into a vacation by reserving a casita, suite, or private home at Sanctuary
The 2017 festival line-up includes:
- Torch – Hosted by celebrity chef Robert Irvine and local celebrity mixologist Jason Asher, owner of Counter Intuitive and Undertow. Mixologists will compete at eight stations, as guests and an esteemed panel of judges to select winners of the Judge’s Choice and People’s Choice awards.
- Birds and Bubbles – Hosted by chef, restaurateur, author, and television personality Todd English. Fried chicken and Champagne come together as guest chefs put their own spin on the southern specialty. The all-star line-up includes Stephen Jones (The Larder + The Delta and Homeboy’s Hotsauce), Cullen Campbell (Crudo and Okra), Justin Beckett (Southern Rail), Jeremy Pacheco (LON’s at The Hermosa Inn), Gio Osso (Virtù at The Bespoke Inn), Clay Conley (Buccan and Grato), Lindsay Autry (The Regional Kitchen & Public House), and MacMillan.
- Master of Taste honoring Chuck Wagner – Chuck Wagner, owner and winemaker of Caymus Vineyards, and scion of the legendary Napa Valley vintner family, will be the guest of honor at an intimate dinner at one of Sanctuary’s elegant private estate homes. The evening will showcase the exceptional vintages of the Wagner Family of Wine and three generations of winemaking talent. Preparing the feast will be local chefs Christopher Gross (Christopher’s and Crush), Matt Carter (Fat Ox and The Mission), Mark Tarbell (Tarbell’s and Tarbell’s Tavern), and MacMillan.
- Golf Tournament – Each foursome will be paired with a renowned chef, star mixologist or notable sports figure, played at the Mountain Shadows course located at the base of Camelback Mountain. Plenty of food, beer and spirits will be available.
- Best of the West – Hosted by chef/restauranteur (Mora Italian) and Chopped judge Scott Conant. Sanctuary’s signature restaurant, elements, and its indoor/outdoor Praying Monk venue will be the setting for Nirvana’s final evening event, where over a dozen restaurant stations will be manned by celebrated chefs, including James Porter (Terra Farm + Manor), Samantha Sanz (Talavera at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale Troon North), Sean Currid (Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails) and Beau MacMillan.
- New Orleans Jazz & Bourbon Brunch – Nirvana will come to a conclusion with a jazz brunch complete with live music and a Bourbon twist, serving up everything from étouffée to beignets.
VIP attendees gain early access and extra time with the chefs for certain events.