Preidlhof, the spa hotel in Naturno, Italy, has announced new wellness developments for the summer, including two new gourmet chefs, an enhanced wellness menu, and local excursions as part of its “Destination Discovery” program.
Preidlhof welcomes the brothers Angelo and Mario Didonna to its restaurant. Hailing from Puglia, and specializing in spa cuisine, they take the helm of the hotel’s kitchen. As chef and sous chef, respectively, Angelo and Mario bring their signature flair to Preidlhof’s new “Wellness Healing Gourmet Menu,” through collaboration with wellness chef Emanuele Giorgione, as well as Preidlhof’s own Dr. Alexander Angerer and wellness project manager, Patrizia Bortolin, wellness ambassador for the World Food Travel Association.
Preidlhof’s 54,000 square feet of wellness space now includes a 5,381-square-foot Wellness Floor, located on the rooftop of the DolceVita Lodge. Connected via a sky corridor to the top of the six-floor Sauna Tower, the new wellness space offers a 360-degree view of Val Venosta and the surrounding mountains, with access to chaise lounges and a whirlpool jacuzzi.
This summer introduces a series of new “Destination Discovery” excursions and local encounters to immerse guests in the culture, history and flavors of the surrounding region of South Tyrol.
New experiential, immersive tours and local encounters include:
- “On the Tracks of the Ancient Glacier: Trek to Lake Sopranes / Wild Swimming Hike” – After guests are transferred to an altitude of 4,600 feet via cable car, they trek through the woods to marvel at Lake Pfitscher and Lake Kaser, where a restorative meal awaits them. After lunch, guests can continue trekking to discover more mountain lakes, with at least 10 accessible within the surrounding area.
- “Gastronomic Experience and Tour to the Fiè Lakes: Forest Aromas and Traditional Cooking” – This half-day outing allows guests to discover local mountain herbs and traditional regional cooking. At a local herb shop, a guide shares the secrets of forest aromas and guests go foraging for herbs. Next, they visit an old mill and learn how to grind flour before heading to Maso Stanglerhof, an organic farm. The farm’s chef teaches guests how to make regional dishes incorporating the herbs and flour obtained by them. After lunch and a wine tasting from the Maso cellar, guests can relax at the Fiè lakes.
- “Cultural tour: Discover Val Senales – Taste of Malga, History, Culture, and Cheese” – Guests are encouraged to rediscover the power of silence on this tour through the heart of Val Senales. A walk through the greenest parts of the valley concludes with a tasting of local cheeses and cured meats.
- Wine tours include “White South Tyrolean Wines and Cheese Tasting from Degust” and “Red South Tyrolean Wines”
- “The Dolomites by Helicopter” offers three helicopter tours; “The Water Pathways of the Dolomites” explores the lakes of the region; and guests opting for “Alpe di Siusi: Discover the History, Culture and Landscape of the Dolomites by E-bike” depart the hotel on e-bikes and cross Bolzano to reach Compaccio on the Alpe di Siusi. The route includes several planned stops and concludes with lunch in a mountain hut before returning to Preidlhof.