Marriott International, Inc., through their recent merger with Starwood Hotels & Resorts, plans to double its portfolio of luxury hotels. The Marriott International Luxury Brands now includes St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, and W Hotels, in addition to Marriott’s already-existing The Ritz-Carlton and Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Bulgari Hotels & Resorts, EDITION, and JW Marriott.
Marriott International is scheduled to open nearly 30 luxury hotels in 2017 and has a total of 180 luxury hotels in its development pipeline, representing 20 new countries, ranging from Iceland to Nepal to Cuba.
New among Marriott International hotels:
- The Ritz-Carlton, operators of 92 hotels worldwide, will be debuting four hotels in 2017, including The Ritz-Carlton, Langkawi and The Ritz- Carlton, Astana, creating indelible marks for its guests as they discover the best of the locale.
- St. Regis unveiled the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort in November, and will add five destinations in 2017, which include Shanghai, Changsha, and Cairo. In total, St. Regis has 21 hotels in its pipeline.
- The 50th W Hotel opened its 50th hotel, W Las Vegas, last week. Earlier this year W Punta de Mita opened in Mexico, while W Goa is set to debut December 12. Six new W hotels will open in the coming year, from Tel Aviv to Panama City to Shanghai.
- The Sanya EDITION on Hainan Island, China – the brand’s first hotel in Asia – premiered this year, while properties in Bangkok and Barcelona will be opening before the end of 2017.
- The Luxury Collection will see its 100th hotel in the coming year with nine new destinations. Napa Valley, CA, Singapore, and Panama City highlight The Luxury Collection’s variety of new locations.
- JW Marriott, the company’s approachable luxury line, will be opening the JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa and JW Marriott parq Vancouver by the end of next year.
Marriott International also operates Marriott Hotels, Westin, Le Méridien, Renaissance Hotels, Sheraton, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Marriott Executive Apartments, Marriott Vacation Club, Autograph Collection Hotels, Tribute Portfolio, Design Hotels, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard, Four Points by Sheraton, Spring Hill Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Residence Inn, Towne Place Suites, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Element, Moxy Hotels, and Protea Hotels by Marriott.