Heads up, spa fans! In North Carolina, The Umstead Hotel and Spa is expanding and renovating its spa. The Umstead Spa will close its doors April 1 to begin a three-month project that will expand couples’ treatment facilities and add a new nail salon. The refurbished Spa is slated to reopen in July.
The 14,000-square-foot spa, which covers two floors, will gain an additional 1,400 square feet of relaxation and treatment space. Highlights include:
· A new coed wet lounge will feature a heated whirlpool tub that can comfortably accommodate eight spa-goers. Twelve-foot-high walls will give way to an open roof, creating an environment in which couples can enjoy a relaxing soak by day or night.
· The spa will gain an additional treatment room, for a total of 11. All treatment rooms will feature new, state-of-the-art massage tables and facial machines, new bedding, furnishings and fixtures. Three treatment rooms will be exclusively for couples, each with a private deep soaking tub.
· The existing women’s and men’s wet areas and cool-down lounges will more than double in size and will lead to the new coed whirlpool area.
· The nail salon will undergo a complete makeover that will heighten its integration into the spa environment. There will be four pedicure stations, with Lenox DS Pedicure Chairs that feature massage, recline and heating functions, and two manicure stations.
· A new upstairs coed relaxation lounge will complement the existing coed lounge on the second floor and will be a plush space, ideal for quiet moments.
· The spa’s existing artwork will be heightened with the introduction of North Carolina pottery and various glass features throughout.
For updates on the spa expansion as it progresses, follow The Umstead on Twitter at https://twitter.com/The_Umstead; Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/UmsteadHotel; and Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/theumsteadhotel.