As Tokyo gears up to host the 2020 Summer Olympics, Palace Hotel Tokyo is encouraging health and wellness with Energizing Tokyo, a stay and spa package that comes with an à la carte menu of fitness options to refresh the body and mind, including swimming with an Olympian and a private meditation session with a Buddhist monk.
The core elements of the hotel’s new fitness-focused package include:
- Two nights of accommodation in a Deluxe-with-Balcony Room or Executive Suite
- Daily breakfast at guests’ choice of Grand Kitchen or in-room dining
- Choice of one of the following 90-minute experiences at Japan’s only Evian SPA: "Vitalizing Signature," a body treatment incorporating traditional Japanese Seitai acupressure work with deep-tissue-style massage to improve energy flow; "Celestial Therapy," a massage designed to improve the immune system and boost metabolism; or "Mineral Therapy," a massage to ease tension and relax muscles
From there, guests have the flexibility to add their choice of physical or meditative experiences (at an additional charge), including:
- A private two-hour swimming session with former Japanese Olympic swimmer and Asian Games medalist Hanae Ito in the hotel’s indoor pool
- A private three-hour biking excursion led by Tokyo Great Cycling Tour, with the option to request a custom route based on neighborhoods of interest and desired endurance level
- A private three-hour jog around the city guided by Tokyo Great Running Tour, which can be personalized based on areas of interest and preferred fitness level
- A private two-hour kayaking outing hosted by Tokyo Great Kayaking Tour and tailored based on experience level and the parts of the city that guests would like to explore
- A private 60-minute Aqua Relaxation Experience in the hotel’s pool, a therapy that uses water for resistance, combining gentle stretching with more active movements
For those interested more contemplative conditioning, Palace Hotel Tokyo is also offering the following experiences in collaboration with TOKI:
- Two hours of private zen meditation with the head monk of a 400-year-old Buddhist temple
- A private two-hour Japanese tea ceremony experience at a heritage home conducted by a 90-year-old Japanese tea house master
- A private, two-hour introduction to shodō, the art of Japanese calligraphy, by a decorated shodō artist
The anchor to the hotel’s new wellness offering is the neighboring Imperial Palace Gardens, whose perimeter doubles as a three-mile jogging or cycling track and where Energizing Tokyo guests can enjoy a ride on the hotel’s Bianchi brand bikes as part of the core package. Package rates start from 172,000 yen (approximately $1,577) for a Deluxe with Balcony Room (based on single occupancy). Executive Suite bookings include Club Lounge access and privileges. Energizing Tokyo is now available for booking.