The Pierre, A Taj Hotel announced that the Fifth Avenue hotel will open its doors to guests on September 17 following a six-month pause as New York City worked to contain the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). During the pause, a team of 80 managers and associates was kept in place to support the residents who call The Pierre home.
The hotel has taken significant steps to ensure the health and safety of its guests and employees during the downtime. The Pierre’s enhanced protocols have been developed in accordance with U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations, as well as in cooperation with state and local government requirements. To comply with New York State law, travelers from specific states are required to complete the Traveler Health Form upon their arrival in New York State.
The new wellness protocols include:
- Use of electrostatic anti-fogging devices and hospital-grade cleaning supplies to sanitize rooms
- An increased frequency of cleaning in public areas with a focus on disinfecting high-touch surfaces, elevator buttons and door handles
- Six-foot physical distancing requirements will be maintained by all hotel associates
- Rooms will remain blocked vacant for a minimum of 24 hours after cleaning
- Contactless room service will be available; in addition, individually packaged food options and single-use cutlery will be available upon request as restaurants will remain closed in accordance with city and state regulations
- Updated contactless guest laundry procedures on-site
- Mandatory temperature checks for all team members entering the hotel
Good to know: Every room has high ceilings and windows that open, in addition to independent heating and cooling systems. The double lobbies and dual entrances on Fifth Avenue and 61st Street keep foot traffic in the lobby to a minimum.
Located on the Upper East Side across from Central Park, the hotel is situated in a quiet neighborhood with easy access to local shops, restaurants and museums. The hotel will be providing guests with itineraries of local openings, exhibits and events in Central Park and the surrounding neighborhood to help create an extraordinary guest experience while in New York.
The hotel first opened its doors 90 years ago in the height of The Great Depression (October 1 marks the hotel’s 90th anniversary). To celebrate, the hotel is offering 15 percent off bookings, plus a $90 spending credit for stays booked from September 17, 2020 to April 4, 2021. For those who choose to drive to New York, The Pierre is providing free parking.