The Market at Quivira has been unveiled at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort.
The food hall was inspired by similar concepts found in major U.S. and European cities, including the Plaza Hotel in New York and Harrods in London; it is an uncommon venue in Los Cabos. The 15,000-square-meter facility, which cost $5.5 million, offers open communal seating for more than 450 diners.
The space was completely remodeled “to provide more eclectic dining options for our hotel guests,” according to Enrique Gandara, Pueblo Bonito’s VP of sales and marketing. He added that guest patronage of the food hall has far exceeded expectations so far.
The Market’s food and beverage options are part of the all-inclusive plans. Only the chocolate shop is not included in the all-inclusive program.
- 1950’s Diner – A classic American-style diner, accented by red-and-chrome décor, offers hamburgers, hot dogs, fried chicken, milkshakes, homemade desserts and breakfasts.
- El Asiatico – Asian cuisine from traditional miso soup and Szechuan-style shrimps to dumplings and other Asian street food.
- La Creperia & La Heladeria – In addition to 24 flavors of homemade ice cream and gelato, La Creperia also turns out sweet and savory crepes.
- El Deli – A New York-style deli with hot, cold or toasted sandwiches.
- El Italiano – Homemade fresh pastas and a variety of brick oven pizzas are available; also an array of Italian desserts.
- La Huerta – Specializing in fresh organic foods, “The Orchard” offers salads and vegetarian entrees.
- El Mexicano – A wide range of Mexican dishes is available here, from traditional soups and tacos al pastor to chiles en nogada.
- La Chocolateria – This signature outpost has truffles, chocolates, and macarons.
- El Bar – The Market’s circular bar. Guests can get artisanal beers, select wines from Mexico, Italy and California, and a range of spirits.
- La Cafeteria – Custom-blended international coffees as well as hot and cold frappes, and fresh-baked muffins, cupcakes, cinnamon rolls and more.
A Sports Bar, situated on a terrace adjacent The Market, will open later this year.