Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives has announced a partnership with Sky Sports golf commentator and former pro-golfer John E. Morgan, for a two-week residency from February 15 to 28, 2019. Morgan, who has played alongside golfers such as Tiger Woods, Vijay Singh and Fred Couples, is known for his participation in The Open Championships, European Tour and PGA Tour. During the two-week residency, the golfer will teach guests in group classes and one-on-one sessions.
The Golf Residency with John E. Morgan at Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa is designed for golfers at all-levels and ages. Guests can use the resort’s nine-hole, par three and four golf course. Set on seven and a half hectares at the southern end of Villingili Island, the course is designed with coconut-palms lining the fairways.
Along with personal training and group workshops, the resort will host tournaments and activities throughout the two-week residency, including Beat the Pro sessions, during which guests are invited to try to hit a drive closer to the hole than Morgan. Golfers can also participate in the Mount Villingili Challenge, during which golfers will compete to strike a fish food golf ball the furthest into the Indian Ocean. Afterwards, guests can celebrate with a Dine by Design experience atop Mount Villingili.
Guests can book the Stay & Play with John E. Morgan package, which includes:
- One-on-one personalized golf session with John E. Morgan for 45 minutes
- Two golf workshops with John E. Morgan in one-hour group sessions
- One Beat the Pro session with John E. Morgan, a one-hour group session
- Tea & Tee: A round of golf for two persons, followed by an afternoon tea at the golf course
- One Dine by Design experience for two persons on Mount Villingili, the highest summit in the Maldives, overlooking the golf course, including wine pairing
- A 60-minute Golf Massage: A Deep Tissue Acupressure Massage, stimulating specific points to improve blood circulation, help relieve muscle knots and pain, as well as increase range of motion
- Yoga session with Master Dr. Pooja, which is great for stretching muscles after a round of golf
- Daily breakfast buffet at Javvu restaurant
The package is available from February 15 – 28, 2019, over a minimum stay of five nights.