As the award show quickly approaches, Sofitel New York, the Official Hotel Partner for the 72nd annual Tony Awards, invites guests to celebrate the occasion with two special experiences. The hotel will transport guests to the early days of theater with a Tony Awards Suite, and it will give guests access and entry to Tony Awards events with the $100k Tony Awards Package. The package will benefit the Broadway League and The American Theatre Wing.
The Tony Awards Suite showcases memorabilia and Tony-themed amenities that spotlight the evolution of Broadway and the character it has brought to New York City. Amenities include a Tony song book, award-winning scripts, opening number photography, programs, invitations, Playbills from 1960 and beyond, and more. The suite is available for booking through July 15, 2018. Rates start at $2,000 per night.
Photo by Getty Images
Guests who book the $100K Tony Awards Package will spend seven nights, June 4-11, 2018, in the exclusive Tony Awards Suite. Upon booking, Sofitel New York will make a $50,000 donation to the Broadway League and The American Theatre Wing. The package also includes:
- Two tickets to the Tony Awards Honors Cocktail on June 4 at Sofitel New York
- Two VIP tickets to the 2018 Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on June 10
- Styling by Christian Siriano for a red-carpet debut
- Hair and makeup by Nomi Beauty
- Two tickets to the Official Tony Awards Gala and After Party
- Two House Seats for three 2018 Tony-nominated performances of guests’ choosing
The $100K Tony Awards Package is valid for booking through May 25.
Le Club AccorHotels members are also privy to Elite Tony Awards packages and experiences. From 20,000 rewards points, members can book any of the following packages with the option of adding a night in a Superior Room and breakfast at Gaby Brasserie:
- The Ultimate Broadway Experience, including two tickets to the Tony Honors Cocktail at Sofitel New York on June 4, 2018 and two tickets to see Hello Dolly at the Shubert Theater.
- The 72nd Annual Tony Awards Ceremony and Gala Experience, including a welcome cocktail, professional hair and makeup to ready for a walk on the red carpet, and two VIP tickets to the Tony Awards ceremony at Radio City Music Hall and Gala event at the Plaza Hotel with roundtrip limousine service.
Fraver Art Gallery
Photo by Getty Images
In addition to the Tony-themed suite and package, Sofitel has unveiled the Fraver Art Gallery, showcasing works from Broadway artist, Frank “Fraver” Verlizzo. The gallery is open to the public until June 30.
The gallery displays 36 of Verlizzo's most famous posters, all of which were designed for Tony Award-winning and nominated productions on Broadway. Verlizzo has created over 300 pieces for Broadway, Off-Broadway, regional and international productions throughout his career.
Displayed works include Sunday in the Park with George, which was recognized for Best Scenic Design and Best Lighting in 1984, in addition to being nominated in nine other categories that year; Sweeney Todd, winner in eight categories at the 33rd Annual Tony Awards in 1979, including Best Musical, Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Musical and Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical; and The Lion King, 1998’s Best Musical, which also took home wins for Best Costume Design, Best Choreography and Best Lighting Design, as well as nominations in five other categories.
The 72nd Annual Tony Awards will air live on CBS on Sunday, June 10. The Tony Awards are presented by the Broadway League and the American Theatre Wing.