Truffle hunting is an age-old tradition in Tuscany, Italy – from September to early spring, hunters search for this gourmet speciality. Borgo Pignano is offering guests the chance to take part in the hunt with their Truffle Hunting Package for two people.
The package includes accommodation in the 18th century villa as well as:
- Three nights in a Room with Charm or Room with a View
- Welcome bottle of Prosecco
- Daily organic buffet breakfast
- Truffle Hunting adventure in the grounds of Borgo Pignano
- One truffle-inspired cooking class for two, including the basics of fresh pasta making
- One fine-dining tasting menu for two at Villa Pignano’s restaurant
- A behind-the-scenes tour at Pignano’s organic farm and vegetable gardens to see how the produce is nurtured and harvested
- An introduction to natural honey production
- A laboratory tour to see how the organic jams, sauces, soaps, perfume oils and organic products are made
Borgo Pignano is a historical country estate located in the Tuscan countryside, just a short drive from the historic towns of Volterra and San Gimignano and within easy reach of the cities of Florence and Siena and the vineyards of Chianti. The estate sits in the center of 750 acres of land.
The property also offers painting and cooking classes, wine tasting, horseback riding, mountain biking, and yoga and pilates classes. There are also classes for children as well as a small swimming pool specifically for those under the age of 12.
There are 16 rooms and suites available as well as a selection of maisonettes and cottages. The largest accommodation, Farmhouse La Fonte, sleeps up to 24 people in seven bedrooms.
Borgo Pignano also houses a newly opened spa and two restaurants.