As a result of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, Villas of Distinction says it is seeing increased bookings for this summer and beyond as consumers opt to stay in a private villa rental and travel to domestic destinations. According to Toby Babich, president, Vacation Rental Management Association, “Social distancing will become even more commonplace, especially in travel and tourism. Short-term rentals are the only true social distancing lodging option.”
Here are five ultra-private villas that make for “the perfect getaway” as part of the “new normal,” according to Villas of Distinction:
- Villa Salt Acres in Connecticut is situated on a peninsula overlooking Fishers Island Sound. This extremely private, eight-acre waterfront estate has a 30-by-60-foot saltwater pool, private beach with pier and dock, tennis court and sauna.
- Villa Fredrics in New York is a secluded, two-plus-acre waterfront property down a meandering driveway in the Georgica Estate section of East Hampton. Guests can enjoy relaxing on the beach, going for a bike ride, kayaking, canoeing, playing in the game room, barbecuing or having a pizza party using the villa’s pizza oven.
- Forge Lake Lodge in North Carolina offers the ultimate Smoky Mountain escape. This lakefront villa has a private dock, boat dock and swim platform. After a day of outdoor activities, such as kayaking, horseback riding, fishing, swimming, mountain biking or just taking in nature, guests can enjoy the hot tub, game room or library.
- Chalet Cascada in Colorado offers endless views of the ski mountain and valley from its location overlooking open space meadows. The comfortable living room is an ideal spot to gather with family and friends or watch a movie, and the wrap-around deck offers a great view to sneak away for morning coffee or al fresco summer dining.
- Alpenglow in Montana is a ski-in, ski-out contemporary villa on a private, wooded lot. Fire up the barbecue grill for après ski al fresco or take in the sun on the private patio. For home-cooked meals before or after a day of playing and exploring, guests can put the chef’s kitchen to use. There’s also a custom ski room to store gear.
Many of Villas of Distinction’s properties have adopted the Villa Rental Management Association’s cleaning standard for COVID-19 and its “Peace of Mind” policy provides flexible travel policies.